Sunday, December 14, 2014

Glittery Cards and Holiday Treats






This weekend, I decided to play along again at Poppystamps and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.  I pulled out a giant pad of glitter paper and 2 Poppystamps dies, and got going.  It was fun and not too messy, as the paper already had glitter.  I made three cards that I am linking up to  Poppystamps Challenge #3:  Sparkle and Shine and Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Bling it On.

This one is my favorite.  I cut strips of glitter paper and laid them down on my card front in as close to rainbow order as I could.  Then, just covered it with a die cut Happy Birthday Background. 



This card was actually the first one I made.  I die cut the Happy Birthday Background three times and stuck them together to get some dimension.  Then, I filled in one of the Happy Birthday words with the white letters and then some turquoise glitter paper.



I am entering both of these birthday cards at Seize the Birthday Anything Goes.

Last, I used the left over rainbow strips to make a Thank You card.


I've been busy making holiday treats.  Here is a peek at some mints I made.


They were quite easy to make and very yummy.  I kind of combined both of these recipes here and here.

I packed a dozen or so in a glassine bag.



And sealed the bag with a sticker.



That's it for me today.


Thanks for Visiting

12 comments :

  1. What fun cards. I especially love the one with the colored strips. I think I even have that die. Your treats and treat bags look awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce your cards are amazing, love the colors!! Cute little goodie packages too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that my priorities are such that I clicked to enlarge the mints first, before clicking to enlarge your delightful cards? I think so. I think I'm a bad card hobbyist and way too invested in sweets!! Thank goodness January will be here soon!! All three of your cards are so fun and so bright and sparkly, Joyce! It's impossible for me to pick a favorite!! Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the variation of colors in the two birthday cards, Joyce. I used to make mints like that and totally forgot about them. They would have saved my cookie disaster for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite is the one where only the one HB is glittered in blue, however the multicolored ones are nifty too, great for happy celebrations. Smart thinking to use glitter paper instead of glitter. Less itching involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever way to place your glitter papers...Your cards are beautiful! I love how you packaged your yummy mints, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way u used the glitter on ur cards :) It tones down the effect of glitter and makes the card even more prettier !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowzers!! You've been busy! Everything looks amazing!! Fabulous designs! And those mints look yummy!! :)

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce you always make beautiful cards but these are so over the top stunning. I love the glitter paper behind the cover plate, so so pretty and so festive for a birthday too. I love your yummy looking mints too, I am sure they taste as good as they look too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like I missed these beautiful cards you made. I love your idea of having the strips of different color behind the die. Your treats are packaged so beautifully. Thanks for joining us in the Poppystamps Challenge,Joyce!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...