Monday, December 29, 2014

Crafting Just for Fun



Hello and happy Monday.  I am posting a few cards I made just for fun.  I recently got a new cover plate--In the Woods, and paired it with the Tinsel & Tags House Additions mini set.  I cut In the Woods out of vellum, and colored the back with a Copic marker.




I saw this next design a few times during the PTI release.  I did not buy the PTI set with the beach chairs because I already had these chair dies from Impression Obsession.  I am trying just a teeny bit harder to see what I can do with what I already have, instead of buying so much new stuff.  We'll see how it goes, but so far, so good.



I cased this card by Laura Bassen during the last PTI release.  She used Block Party, but I thought I could do something similar with Sketched Shapes.  I used a rainbow color scheme of Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Limeade Ice and Spring Rain.



I made another version with the focal point in the lower corner.




I was inspired by this fun photo and all the cards in the Inkspirational Challenge #72 gallery to make my last card.  I used fireworks from Waltzingmouse USA 1776, the skyline from Altenew Sketchy Cities, and some Distress Inks to make my card.



That's it for me.  Please come back tomorrow to see my December 12 Kits of Occasion Post.


Thanks for Visiting

15 comments :

  1. I love coming to visit your blog as so often you treat us to more than just one card..........Love them all and the skyline really caught my eye <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been having a TON of fun!! These are all awesome but your last card is a total jaw dropper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun cards. I love that adorable little scene in your first card and your last card is so fabulous. I love the city scape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your just for fun cards are fantastic Joyce!! I'm with you on looking at my sets closer so I don't have too many duplicate images. But it sure is hard sometimes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your crafting just for fun are among my favourite posts of yours Joyce! No exception here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow...how fun to craft just for fun! Must be your new calling because these are all so amazing. I love the beautiful scenes you created with the branches cover plate and your final card, over the top stunning!!! I love what you made, so festive and I can almost here the fireworks going off on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card! Love your sky and that city scape stamp is amazing! Thanks for playing along with us over at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that first cute little scene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, Joyce! You've own me away!!! Love how you used your new cover plate and way to recreate the different looks with what you already had! I want to be better at that this year, too! The way you colored the vellum is just amazing and your last card...wow! Everything is just perfect...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You have really been a busy girl! I love how you played with your new cover plate (going into my cart right now), and how you cased Laura's design with stamps from your stash! Amazing take on the inspiration photo too, Joyce! Fabulous inking/blending and I love your cityscape...Stunning card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these cards. You did an awesome job with the vellum and copic markers. Love the rainbow cards too.
    I am trying to scale back on ordering new and using what I already have. It's hard but doable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous ! I so love the designs and variety here :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cover plate is so lovely Joyce ... and the fireworks exploding against the city skyline are fabulous! My absolute faves are the two sketched shapes colour block cards ... bold, rainbow-y, crisp, graphic ... and completely gorgeous! Pinned! Happy New Year to you, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is perfect for our challenge! Thank you for sharing with us at Inkspirational! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many great cards in one post! I don't even know where to start. I love the cityscape with the fireworks. The card with the vines and the reclining chairs is so relaxing. I wish I were there right now! I like the simplicity of the birthday cards. They are so colorful for being CAS. Love 'em all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...