Tuesday, December 23, 2014

CASology Week 128: Light




Happy Tuesday everyone.  Time for another CASology challenge.  This week, our cue word is LIGHT. I grabbed one of my very favorite holiday sets from PTI called Holiday Lights.  It's only about 2 or 3 years old, which in stamping time is ancient, I know.



After I stamped all of my strings of lights, I impressed my card front with a plaid impression plate.  I always like to use a little texture when I have a lot of white space on my card.  I think it adds interest without clutter.  I covered just the red bulbs with glossy accents.

I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch and colors from ColourQ for my card this week.




So, what about you?   How does the word LIGHT inspire you?   Check out the beautiful designs from the CASology Design Team members and see how they were inspired by LIGHT.  Don't forget to keep your card Clean and Simple.



19 comments :

  1. Love this set and was thinking about busting it out...I think I will after seeing your amazing card! Happy Holidays Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your CAS design, Joyce! The tangle of lights and the embossed base are fabulous. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love how you placed your Christmas lights and your embossed background is fabulous! Awesome card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bold colours of the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tangle of lights Joyce!! This is festive and fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm back...forgot to wish you a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this set! Perfect take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, this is just beautiful and I am in love with your beautiful strand of lights, so festive and thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a card that makes me want to buy that string of lights and remember that I have that impression plate and should, darn it, use it!! I agree, Joyce, that it adds perfect textural interest!! I'm pinning this one so maybe I can remember! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is perfect for the sketch, Joyce. I love that the lights look transparent, just like some are IRL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely card I adore the embossed background. I wish you a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your lights! So fun and festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those tangled lights against the embossed background are fantastic, Joyce ... so fabulous! Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card. The impression plate added some great texture to your CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't care how old those stamps are - I want them!!! They're so cute and I love the way you've tangled them up - that's how our lights look every year! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these lights, especially the glossy red ones, and the embossed background is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the tangled lights Joyce, a fab card

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love how you rotated the sketch and used the Christmas lights! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...