Sunday, December 7, 2014

2 Quick Cards







I've got 2 quick cards for these three challenges:  Make it Monday #191:  Glittered Frames, ColourQ #270 and CAS(E) This Sketch #102


I used Beautiful Blooms II and made my glittered frame using Scor Tape and MS white glitter.  I like how you can kind of see through the glitter to the stamping below.  This is the second card I made because I was not wild about my first attempt.



This is my first attempt at combining all three of these challenges.  I liked my panel  just fine until I put the glittered frame on.  My daughter came into my office, took one look at it and said that the gold was too much.  I agreed with her.  I used some Champagne Crushed Glass Glitter--I had been hoarding my little jar of this stuff and decided it was time to use it.  I think it overwhelmed the card.  Oh well.  I pulled out WPlus9 Pretty Peonies and Pretty Little Peonies for this card, and had fun playing with those sets.



Thanks for Visiting

16 comments :

  1. Wonderful pair of cards and I have to be honest here and say I love the glitter on both of them. The gold is so bold, love the look of the crushed glass glitter. And the see through is so clever and beautiful. I really love how you used the colors for both of your cards, your flowers are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job! I forgot about this week's MIM, darn ;) Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow way to tackle MIM beautiful cards Joyce! Two types of glitter both so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful MIM cards Joyce! I do like the chunky glitter but I LOVE the light glitter more. I love that you can see through it, good to know! I went with white only because I had so much gold on my last tag. Your flowers are stamped beautifuly!
    Cant wait for more rain, we have had the sprinklers off since last week...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous, Joyce! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It wasn't quite as easy to incorporate a glittered frame as Dawn made it look, was it? Think most of us had some issues with this, but you still created two beautiful cards, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers! I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both such beautiful floral cards, Joyce ... I particularly love the see through glitter frame on the first one, it's so subtle and delicate! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce I just love the way you used our sketch this week! Two takes... both fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use glitter - this week's CTS is perfect for that technique! Those blooms are so pretty, especially the first ones. Might just have to put that set on my wish list. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards turned out beautifully, Joyce. I tried it just made a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, that gold is a overwhelming for that one card but wow, what a neat idea for something that needed a big bright glittery gold frame. The subtle glitter frame is very cool, giving it a neat touch. Your colors and stamping are what really make the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are sweet, Love the gold frame :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...