Wednesday, June 19, 2024

Guest Designer Time Out #266

 






Hello and long time--no see.  I am dusting off my neglected blog to share some exciting news.  A few weeks ago, I had the honor of winning the challenge at Time Out, and they asked me to be the Guest Designer for this challenge.  An especially sweet treat for me, as I used to be on the DT for this challenge, so it is very fun to play along with my former DTeamies.


I just love the photo chosen as this challenge's inspiration piece.  When I looked through my stash for a light house, I found an old Stampin' Up stamp of this exact lighthouse--which is located in Maine.  I just had to use it for my card.




Here is an enlarged version of the inspiration photo.





I kept my card very simple and decided not to color the stamped image.  The detail in the image seemed to say to me--don't even think about messing around with color.  I used a red mat as a nod to the red roofs in the inspiration photo.






How about you?  How are you inspired by this image.  I hope that you will play along with the current challenge at Time Out.



Thanks for Visiting


6 comments :

  1. Brilliant card Joyce - how amazing you had the actual stamp in your stash but I'm guessing you have collected quite a few "by the sea" stamps over the years! Good call to keep this one simple, it is an awesome image with a hand carved feel to it! Thanks for being a fabulous guest this fortnight! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...Joyce, this stamp looks like it was outlined with that exact photo in mind!! And with no color, just the details of the sketch , it is quite impactful! Love the way you thought of adding color, without adding it. So creative. Love to have you amongst us, thank you for this beautiful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see a post pop up from you! I want to visit that lighthouse in person! Love your take on it. How fun that you had this stamp. Hope you're doing well, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness--the perfect card for this challenge, Joyce! So glad you're our Guest Designer! And I know what you mean about no point in blogging. I've cut way back, but still have a few friends who keep in touch through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, Joyce! Indeed, it has been a very long time so I'm very happy to see you today! You actually popped into a conversation I had with my wonderful guest [Stephanie L in case you're curious] last week! ALL good, you can be sure.
    How incredible that you had a stamp of this same lighthouse! I'm sitting here wondering if SU turned others into stamps as well? It was KISMET I'm telling ya! and your card is just perfection!
    Hope life is treating you well, my friend!
    =] M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Joyce! I chose the photo and did not realize that it was a lighthouse in Maine, AND that there was a stamp of the image. That is absolutely fabulous!!!! Your card is simply beautiful! What a great Father's Day card too. It's so lovely to have you guesting with us. Thanks you! I hope you have a marvelous summer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...