Sunday, November 20, 2016

My Crafty Weekend



I fell in love with this card by Betsy during the PTI release, and so decided to CASE it for the PTI Play Along With Us challenge.  I used Doodlie Do stamps heat embossed in white on Dark Indigo card stock.



The toppings at Seize the Birthday are presents, and I used PTI Gifts of the Season for my next card.




I spent the most time playing with the sweet mice from PTI Christmas Critters.  I have been pretending that these mice are actually rats--many people do not know that (domesticated) rats make great pets--they are very sweet and cuddly, too.

The rats (mice) on the next three cards are colored to look like the 2 rats we had as pets.  Ivy is the grey one and Ace is the tan one.

Here we see Ivy on a card that I am entering at CAS on Sunday #96 where the challenge is pets, Simon Says Wednesday where the challenge is Christmas Critters, and The Paper Players #322 where the challenge is Clean and Simple Christmas.







This next card stars Ace and uses the sketch at the Fusion Challenge, and I am also linking up at  Simon Says Wednesday where the challenge is Christmas Critters, and The Paper Players #322 where the challenge is Clean and Simple Christmas.





And finally, we have Ace and Ivy (brothers) celebrating their birthday.  I am linking this one up at Seize the Birthday with the topping of presents.



That's it for me today.  I am off to take my current pet, Sherlock, to the dog park for a romp with his friends.  I think he may be a bit peeved with me for showcasing the pet rats and not him on my pet cards today.  I hope to have some time later this week to dive into my many dog stamps to make a card that features a canine.


Thanks for Visiting




24 comments :

  1. A feast for the eyes Joyce! Love the elegant white on blue card, so pretty. Your stack of gifts card is delightful and don't even get me started on those CUTE little rats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little mice are adorable! So sweet! I love the one serving coffee! So happy you joined my CAS challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your first two cards are really gorgeous, Joyce, but those meeses just steal the show here today! So sweet and fabulous!! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Words can't express how much visiting you has cheered me up...and this post in particular! An array of delights! I second Darnell: those mousies are tooooo cute! Sherlock? We need photos of this current pet, please!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Planning to catch up on your gallery soon. For now, returning for second helpings to say thank you so much for bringing your darling mouse to the Fusions gallery! He brings me joy!
      Hugs~c

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's where you were all weekend my friend! Love love love these cards. Excellent CASE of Betsy's card, I love the white on Indigo! Your pile of fushia and black presents begs only one question, what's in the box? It is so nice to see you making cards in memory of Ace and Ivy, you stamped them out perfectly. A lovely treat to see before bed on a Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's an awesome set of cards, Joyce! You presents card is really great! I love the whole stack of presents - how wonderful it might be if it was IRL!! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb embossing and these rats look adorable but not sure I would want one as a pet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That first card is just so stunning - love the white embossing on the Dark Indigo. Wow! And your stack of gifts are wrapped in gorgeous colours. And I can never get enough Christmas mouses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Doodlie Do card is amazing in its simplicity on the dark! Funny how several of us chose the Better Together card inspirations and created Doodlie Do designs! And like Diana K can't get enough of those mice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it great when you can spend lots of time crafting and catching up with challenges. Love your cards. Your Paper Players little mouse is a fabulous CAS card. So glad you shared this little beauty with us this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many sweet and beautiful cards Joyce...just so in love with your sweet mice, they look simply adorable! Looks like you had a very productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards! The mice are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH MY GOSH!!!! This is just the cutest thing ever!!! Thanks for joining our CAS challenge at The Paper Players this week! It's adorable! They're all cute, actuallY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love to see the results of your crafty weekends, Joyce. The white on navy is so elegant and I love that stack of presents. The little scenes you created for your rats are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow your cards are all fantastic! but I especially love the first one that you CASED so beautifully!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful collection of cards, Joyce! My fave is the white embossing on Dark Indigo...swoon! Loving those sweet little mice, too...I think I 'need' that set :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. what beautiful elegant cards

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you really had some time to "play"! That casecard is a real beauty! Reminds me of a beautiful tablecloth to embroder that my parents sold in there shop...
    Great stamping with all the presents and that mice is so sweet... A great collection of cards! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. All your cards are wonderful. My favourites are the mouse cards. They are adorable. Great designs. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Christmas Critters Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very productive weekend with these awesome cards! LOVE your take of Betsy's card so pretty with DD stamp set! Your mouse cards are as sweet as can be !

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun post, Joyce ... that trio of cards depicting Ace and Ivy is just so cute! Fabulous stack of sweet birthday gifts ... and oh my, the white on indigo doodlie do blooms ... I gasped! What a stunner ... I need to CASE it! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Joyce, your rat (mice) cards are adorable!! And that big stack of gifts is awesome...I have the mouse stamp, but thinking I need that gift stack in my stash, don't you agree?

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are adorable, especially the mice!!!

    I'm a fellow stamper who makes blank general and thank you pet themed handmade cards and donates them to animal shelters and rescue groups for them to write messages of gratitude. If you have a stash or are interested in making blank general or thank you pet themed handmade cards I hope you visit my new blog, Sending Paw Prints, created for this purpose.

    www.sendingpawprints.blogspot.com

    Thank you!
    Karen Howard

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...