Tuesday, November 22, 2016

CASology Week 225: Soft






Hello and happy Tuesday. It's time for another challenge at CASology.   This week, our cue word is soft.  Perhaps it is the season, but I was thinking of snow...falling softly, creating soft and puffy snowdrifts.  Those of you who live where it actually snow may want to set me straight on this one. Until then, I am sticking with my softly falling snow flakes.

I stamped some bare birch trees on a card front, and then used a falling snow stencil and embossing paste to create my softly falling snow.  I used a stitched landscape die to create my snowdrift.




Now it's your turn.  How does soft inspire you?  I hope you play along this week.  Please remember to keep it Clean and Simple.

I am also entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday where the challenge is Christmas Critters and Paper Players #322 where the challenge is Clean and Simple Christmas.




Please head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the design team.



Joyce (that's me)

We are sponsored this week by Poppystamps.

Our Guest Designer is Nonni.


Thanks for Visiting


13 comments :

  1. I'd love to see some softly falling snow right now Joyce... Instead we have a lot of darkness and water coming down from the sky! Not fun! Your card however is fun -I love the scene you created and especially the snowbank with the sentiment. Thanks for having me as GD at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I always think of snow as soft and fluffy but then again, I don't have to shovel it! Ha ha!
    Love the texture from your snowflakes and the sweet deer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think your softly falling snow flakes are just perfect for this lovely winter scene, and I love that you chose 2 different shades of brown for the deer! Another gorgeous card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft, dreamy feel to this card Joyce. I am afraid in London it us usually more like sludge than soft!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to set you straight, Joyce! It's perfect, and just what I might have thought of, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene you created...the snow is so soft and so perfect for your sweet pair of deer. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't there a line from a poem or something that says "and softly fell the silent snow"?? I know I've heard it somewhere or maybe it was on a stamp LOL!! So I think your card is a perfect take on the cue word, so peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful snowy scene you have created on this darling card,Joyce! Softly falling snow ,perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Newly fallen snow can be soft and beautiful, just like your card, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly soft and serene and beautiful, Joyce! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card for this week's cue Joyce! I live the sweet scene you created!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, you have created a very soft, peaceful scene on this gorgeous card, Joyce! I definitely think snow is soft, especially if you stand outside while it is falling...it even makes soft little sounds when it hits your windows. I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...