Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving



Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.  We are eating late tonight, so I have a bit of time to post a couple of cards where the challenges are about to end.

First up is a card inspired by the challenge at Cupcake Inspirations #385.  I was inspired by the theme of thank you and also the cuteness of Lawn Fawn, this week's sponsor.


I am also linking this card up at CAS-ual Friday's #161: Be thankful and Simon Says Monday to use 3 of something.




I made a tag with those same little birds--perfect for a holiday thank you gift, and I am (finally) playing along with Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags challenge.  This tag was inspired by the adorable tags on day 15 of Tracey's challenge, where Lawn Fawn was the sponsor.  I am entering this tag at Simon Says Wednesday to use a die.




I used the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch #199 for my next card, which I am also entering at Addicted to CAS #101 where the challenge is ombre.


Using the Misti made lining up the sentiments a breeze and I used little cubes of Altenew Inks that came packaged up as an ombre color grouping.  Hard to see in this photo, but I used a numbers impression plate.



That's it for me today.  Off to find some turkey.


Thanks for Visiting


17 comments :

  1. Wonderful projects Miss Joyce...those wee birds are as sweet as can be. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds; they are so funny-cute and looking good at the card and label!
    The sentiment is perfect for the two challenges and looks so modern-clean! That is time spent well with beautiful results! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. A belated Happy Thanksgiving. And I adore those sweet little birds. And a wow to the second card, CAS perfection and wow to the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet! These are just the cutest birdies! So glad you were inspired by this week's Thanks challenge at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely the challenge master Joyce! I need to confer with you earlier in the week my friend! Those Lawn Fawn birdies are still one of my favourite sets. Thank you for linking up to 25 Days. Your ombré clelbrates are fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ombré against the textured white, Joyce ... and such adorable little birds on a branch ... card and tag, they're both so cute! Hope you found the turkey! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Joyce...how adorable are these little fellas and I love the ombre look sentiment inside...thank you so much for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. fab ombre stamping and love the adorable birds

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your use of our ‘thanks’ theme is absolutely stunning. Wonderful job this week. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little bird tag is so cute! I love their bright color!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Lawn Fawn birdies are so sweet, Joyce! Beautiful coloring, too! Loving your take on the sketch, and the Ombre effect on your sentiment is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful collection of creations! I'd be hard-pressed to pick a favorite and think each one is so original and clever! i loved your birdie thank you card and thought the framing job you did (with the asymmetry) gave it a really stunning look. And what a treat to see how the birdies looked on a tag!! And the Celebrate card was so elegant with that repeated sentiment and the subtle ombre effect. You've shown a lot of artistic versatility here and it was a joy to see your creations. Thank you for sharing them with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such sweet - and tweet *grin* - projects, Joyce! I haven't brought out my little birds for a play yet...they're on the list, though!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...