Tuesday, February 23, 2016

CASology Week #186: Distress



This is my second post today.  If you are looking for my ColourQ post, please click here.

Hello and happy Tuesday. It's time for another challenge at CASology.  This week, our cue word is
Distress.  I have been loving my Distress inks lately, so decided to use them in two different ways.

I used Distress Inks Abandoned Coral, Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint to watercolor the images on my card front.  The images came pre-stamped on water color paper, part of a new Bold Blossoms paper pad by PTI.


I used Distress ink Tumbled Glass to sponge a light amount of color surrounding my flowers.



I am also entering this card at AAA Cards #58: Sequins.



Now, it's your turn.  How does DISTRESS inspire you?  I hope you play along this week. Please remember to keep it Clean and Simple.

Please head on over to the CASology blog and gather some inspiration from the design team.

We are sponsored this week by Lawn Fawn.



Joyce (that's me)

Guest Designer: Annie



Thanks for Visiting

20 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Love the classic feel of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Joyce, this is simply amazing. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and striking colouring Joyce. Love how the colours flow together on the blooms. CAS and stunning use of your sequins and thrilled to see you play along at AAA Cards. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous watercoloring on those flowers, Joyce, and I love the soft blue around them. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce you watercolouring is perfect. I love the colours you used--swooning over your card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Your watercoloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful watercoloring on your flowers and I love how you added the soft blue around them! Gorgeous card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely, Joyce ... the soft, loose watercolouring is perfect with these gorgeous blooms! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOve it!!! Certainly you were not distressed while painting this beauty ... thanks again for choosing my chicken!! xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Joyce! Love seeing the preprinted pages in action full of color. Yours is so elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beauty Joyce. I love your water coloring and the addition of the blue around the flowers and leaves really makes such a beautiful finish. Love the placement of those wonderful black sequins. They really compliment the lines of the flowers and leaves. LOVE it! Thanks for linking up and playing at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Love the tumble glass ink. I think I need to get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those flowers are so beautiful in Abandon Coral, Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So soft and lovely, Joyce. That abandoned coral is such a pretty colour! It's both vibrant and subtle at the same time! Perfect choice for these beautiful blooms, and your colouring is dreamy. The perfect 'pick me up' card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this card Joyce, which is now in my Pinterest watercolor file. I will check out the PTI paper pad. Thanks for commenting on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The flowers are simply stunning, Joyce!!! Beautiful card!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...