Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Time Out #86...Mazel Tov




It's time for a new challenge at Time Out.  Our challenge this time is:

 Celebrations with the optional twist of one layer cards.




Our sponsor this time is CAS-ual Fridays, and they were kind enough to provide stamps to some of us for our inspiration cards.  I used a fun new set called Mazel Tov, and it was the perfect set for the card I made for my niece on the occasion of her Bat Mitzvah last month.  

I actually cut apart her invitation, and used it as part of the focal point for my card.  The white and gold portion is from her invitation, and I heat embossed in the sentiment Mazel Tov (means congratulations) in gold, and then fussy cut it and adhered it with foam tape.  She was thrilled that I used her invitation as part of her card.

Please head over to Time Out to see more inspiration from our Design Team and Guest Designer. Our Guest Designer this week is TaeEun, so please stop by her blog to see what she has created for this challenge.  CAS-ual Fridays is our sponsor for this challenge.  Details for the prize are on the Time Out Challenge Blog.

This challenge will run for two weeks.  I hope you will take some Time Out of your busy schedule to play along with us.



Thanks for Visiting

16 comments :

  1. oh this is such a cool personalised card-you should add this to Less is More-the challenge is to 'personalise' a card and I can't think of any better way to do this-including her invitation in your card must have meant so much to her. I feel touched by it and I don't know her!! And how perfect the sentiment fits in gold embossing-a try wonder Joyce x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours and like this it is such a personal card! The gold embossing looks great on the piece of the invitation! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I love the mix of pale pink, gold and white. Your niece must have been thrilled to spy her invitation coming back to her in a new, sweet way. Is this a new set? It's perfect for the cards I make for my synagogue. I count on you to keep me in the loop on the great new products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink and gold together Joyce. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Joyce...love your use of pink and gold, add so much beauty to your wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the playful background you created for the sentiment! Cute card Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mazel Tov to YOU for thinking to repurpose her invitation, Joyce. It really is a fantastic idea, with beautiful results!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE a repurposed card, especially when the new card goes back to the sender. Truly from the heart. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous, personalised card, Joyce ... love the colour combo of white, pink and gold, it's gorgeous ... no wonder your niece loved it too! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the elegant antique pink and gold combination!!! Reusing pretty papers is always right :)! A very beautiful card, Joyce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful design, Joyce! You were so creative to use the invitation. It will make this an even more precious memento for your niece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant idea Joyce to upcycle the invitation, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty ! Soft pink and gold is one of my favourite colour combos. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea to up-cycle her invitation in her card! This will be one she cherishes and saves! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a clever way to upcycle your neice's invitation! Beautiful card, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative, Joyce. No wonder your niece loved her card.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...