Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekend Recap



Hello and happy Sunday.  I'm here to post several cards I made over the course of the weekend for lots of different challenges.


First up is a tag I made that is inspired by the challenge at Tag You're It #20.  I was inspired by the blended distressed inking on the tag, and the white and black of the image and sentiment.



I blended three different colors of Distress ink on my tag, and used a Poppy Stamps Groovy Flower die, a sentiment from PTI Tag-It's and some twine.

I attached my tag to a card--one more Mother's Day card for this weekend.


I am also entering this card at Poppy Stamps Challenge #8 It's All About Her, Addicted to Stamps and More # 142 Make Your Mark, and Just Us Girls #291 Twine.




Next up is an anniversary card I made using Flower Favorites, which is now my latest favorite flower set.


My colors are from ColourQ #289 and my sketch is from Retro Sketches #163.



This next card is possibly my favorite of the bunch.  


I stamped my own background using the colors from this week's Color Throwdown #340 and am entering this birthday card at Seize the Birthday where the toppings option is to make your own background.  The challenge this month at Happy Little Stampers CAS is die cuts/ punches, so I am linking up there as well.  I die cut this birthday word block die 3 times and stacked them up together. I glued a piece of vellum behind the stacked die cuts to soften the background stamping just behind the block to make it easier to read the sentiment.





I am calling my last two cards 'Cheat Cards'.  Why?  Because I keep buying all these adorable little patterned paper pads from PTI that require very little work to turn a sheet of paper into a card.  So, I buy them, and then I always feel bad using them, thinking I should really put way more effort into a card.  So, I decided I'd better either start using them or stop buying them.  Well, I'm sure you can see where this was going.


From the Beautiful Brushstrokes paper pack--I only added a sentiment from Graceful Greetings and 3 sequins.  I will enter this card at Simon Says Monday Anything Goes.





On this card, I just stamped a sentiment and added a die cut butterfly that I embossed with gold.  I will enter this at Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes.




That's it for me today.

Thanks for Visiting



30 comments :

  1. So many beautiful cards Joyce! I love your cheat cards just as much as your first 3 cards, you still have to take the time to make them and be creative and they are so beautiful. My favorite of the bunch is that sweet tag, your distress inking is so perfect. And your ColourQ card is so pretty using those fabulous new flowers. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ,hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, Joyce! I love the gold polka dots with the anniversary sentiment! That added butterfly is just the perfect touch! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the inked background on the first one is amazing. I can never get my white sentiments to stamp/emboss that nicely. Love all your cards as always Joyce! PS Marathon was awesome...finished in my best time yet! Not sure I need to do it again though :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Joyce! That tag is so vibrant, it really pops! That butterfly is stunning with the gold embossing and all your colourful balloons are such fun! Good luck with the DT call! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards, Joyce! Love all the florals and that wonderful balloon design! How clever to add some vellum! And I definitely think you should be using the paper pads. They're no different than any patterned papers and you are still creating your own design. Love the gold polka dots with the butterfly!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Joyce, you've been busy! All your cards are eye-catching delights! I'm smiling at your reference to 'cheat' cards. In my world, *you* still have to do something with/to them to make them shine..and you most definitely have done so. Pretty, plus! As for your tag: pure delight! Love the colours and your blended...flawless! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the blending on your tag and the silhouette-like flowers you added - thanks for joining us at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've had a busy and productive weekend Joyce! All your cards are beautiful and unique. Love your design for the diecut birthday block with the balloon background. Adding the vellum to highlight the words in the block was so clever. Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. Good luck with the DT call.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How can you say "that's it..." That is lots!!! and every card a beauty, Joyce!! I love them all...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Love the fun colors and the Happy Birthday die cut. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a wonderful group of cards Joyce....each one is incredible! Really am inspired by the background on your Birthday Balloon card and your Mother's day tag card! Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls, and Seize the Birthday we appreciate you joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, you've been busy! Fantastic set of cards and tag. Love the colorful background with the silhouette image on the tag. The birthday card is amazing with those balloons in different colors. Thank you for playing along with us at The color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful collection of cards, Joyce! I love your take on Jen's tag, and how you paired your stamps and dies to enter your cards in all these challenges! I think my fave is the birthday card, but, I really do love them all!!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM...we always enjoy seeing your cards in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many pretty cards! Love the gorgeous blended inking oh the first. Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They're all wonderful Joyce, but your cards always are! I love the card with the Lupines. I just love lupines in the spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your tag. Very colorful and the mod flower is perfect. Thank you so much for joining the Poppystamps blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! I came to see the tag for Poppy - love that distress background and dark silhouette dies.. but the one that stole my heart here today... those roses on your cheat card! Totally thought you stamped those - looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great designs! Love the fun balloon background on the birthday card. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You had a productive stamping weekend Joyce! These are all incredible. Thanks so much for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really, really love that die cut boxed birthday! Gorgeous colours on all these cards! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always look forward to the beauties your weekends bring, Joyce, and you didn't disappoint. Each card fits their challenge perfectly and are so lovely and "you".

    ReplyDelete
  22. WoW you have been pretty busy love all of your cards awesome. Thanks for joining us over at tag you're it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh you have been so creative! Love your sweet tag and thanks for playing along in both challenges. Loving that gold polka dot card so much so classy!
    Hope you had a nice birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, Joyce, you've had a busy weekend! I'm with you on the start-using/stop-buying theme - I can't believe I just bought more patterned paper! Anyway, your cards are all fab - thanks so much for linking the balloons card up to Seize the Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the contrast between the distressed background and the black flowers on your tag. Thanks for joining us this month at Poppystamps!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Joyce, came to look at your fabulous tag, great colors and love how you displayed the Grovy flower..
    Amazing makes you have done over your weekend.
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another gorgeous collection, Joyce ... dreamy blended background with the silhouettes, beautiful blooms, fabulous celebratory balloons with the sentiment block ... and those quick cards ... wow ... loveliness in double quick time! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic tag, I love fresh colors
    Thank you for joining us over on Poppystamps challenge blog.
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  29. So many wonderful cards! My favorite of the bunch is the polka dot happy birthday over the balloons, but they are all great.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...