Saturday, May 9, 2015

Happy Saturday


Hello and happy Saturday.  I've got a quick post today, before running off to see my daughter play what might be her last game of the high school lacrosse season.


I made this card to fit the May sketch challenge at Happy Little Stampers.  I used a balloon stamp from PTI Birthday style, and stamped a (carefully laid out) random pattern of balloons.  I used a tiny little flourish image from Beautiful Brushstrokes for my balloon strings.  I am also entering this card at Simon Says Wednesday Let's Get Sentimental.



I made another balloon card using the same sketch.  I used die cut balloons and used an inlaid overlapping die cutting technique for this card.  I am also entering this card at the Happy Little Stampers CAS Diecut/Punches challenge.  I am putting my name in for consideration for their DT, so am trying to make cards using interesting techniques with die cutting.  As you can imagine, this card took a while.  I'm not even sure I like it as much as the simpler version above.  My daughter said that the balloons looked too plain, so I added some color coordinated sequins to them.


The only thing stamped on this card is the sentiment, and as it is from Paper Smooches, I'll enter this card over at their Anything Goes Sparks Challenge.  I am also linking this card up at Seize the Birthday.  The toppings option is to use the negative, and I'm not sure if this technique qualifies or not--I'll let them be the judge of that.




My last card for today uses both the inspiration photo and the sketch at Fusion French Twist.  I used some papers from MME Breeze--it was difficult to choose because there were so many pretty grey and yellow patterns to chose from, and I die cut a flower from Ellen Hutson Wild Garden dies--twice--once in black and once in yellow, and then pieced them together.  My mother has requested 10 anniversary cards, so I am trying to use anniversary sentiments as much as possible this month.




Thanks for Visiting


25 comments :

  1. Great design and colors! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your birthday cards. All the balloons are so fun. And your last card is gorgeous. I love the grey and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Joyce, these are just brilliant. I love how you used balloons for your take on the sketch. LOVE them!!!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers and good luck with the DT call xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes those balloon cards had my jaw thudding to the floor! Just, wow! They are so bright and gorgeous and are like a party on a piece of card stock. AMAZINGNESS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, Joyce! The overlapping, inlaid die cut balloons card is amazing, but I love the way the stamped version captures the translucency of the balloons. Good luck on the DT call :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make the best cards Joyce!! I LOVE the first ballon card to bits!! The second with the loopy border is cute and your Fusion card is beautiful! Happy Mother's Day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous collection of cards Joyce and I love the two versions of the balloon card. Good luck with the DT position and have a great Mother's Day.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous cards Joyce. Especially love the layout of your (carefully thought out) random balloons :) Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, Joyce, I love them all... I may be partial to card one with those gorgeous see-through balloons - my favorite kind! Too late for H.M.D. wishes? Never! Hope your day was grand!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful cards, Joyce! The design of the balloon cards is wonderful and that inlaid card looks like a lot of work! The sequins are the perfect touch! I love the sweetness of your yellow and gray flowered paper with that beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness....3 absolutely fabulous cards! I love all your wonderful balloons, so festive and the colors are stunning. Your fusion card is so sweet, love your choice of patterned paper, so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of these cards are so lovely, Joyce!!!! I love both the balloon ones!!!! So clever to use the flourish stamps as strings, hey!!!! Love the sequins on the second one!!! Good luck for the DT call!!!!!
    Great take on the inspiration photo and sketch over at Fusion - beautiful card!!!
    Have a super week!!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards, you've been busy! Love them all :) Thanks so much for joining us this week over at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy weekend of great cards. Hope you enjoyed our beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards .... love the balloon stamp. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards, Joyce! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome creations and by the way the balloons never looked prettier than these :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the balloon cards, Joyce. I have so many balloon stamps and dies and never think to use them. I also love the Fusion card. That flower is perfect with the DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cards! The balloon cards are so fun and the third one is so pretty!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love every one of today's cards! Those happy balloon designs are so wonderful. And the yellow and grey is so pretty--fabulous with the bright die cut flower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both balloon cards are fabulous, Joyce ... stamped or die cut, they're just so much fun! Lovely grey and yellow florals ... the bold bloom matches the DP so beautifully! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome take on the sketch, Joyce! I love how the balloons look translucent on the first card and opaque on the 2nd one...very cool! I also love your beautiful yellow bloom...so pretty, and the color combo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Love the stamped balloons - the overlapping colors and translucency is brilliant with the balloons - just like real ones.. and then wowwwww.. all those overlapped die cut balloons - I bet that took ages - so clean still. When something that complicated looks clean I say you done good girl! And then your last card with that bright yellow flower? So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your translucent balloons! What kind of ink did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  25. All those balloons make me happy! I'm not dissing that last card though, gray and yellow is always a wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...