Sunday, November 30, 2014

The 12 Kits of Occasions: November 2014



Happy end of November.  I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving (or good weekend).  We hosted Thanksgiving at our house for the first time in several years, and most of my family came to town to see us.  It was a lot of fun, but also a lot of work. 

Our hostess this month is Kim, and her kit is all about Santa and Christmas. She sent such a fabulous assortment of stamps, die cuts, papers and embellishments.  Most of the stuff Kim sent was things I didn't have, so they were especially fun to play with.  Lots of retro santa goodies.  I dug right in to her kit as soon as it arrived earlier in the month, because I wanted to send the cards I made to the Caring Hearts Drive.  I just saw that they have received 9000 cards.  Wow.  Here is a picture of Kim's kit.

Photo Courtesy of Kara

I made 6 cards from my kit, and still have so many leftovers.  Can you believe that I did not even get a chance to use that cute owl?  That one will be the first leftover I use.

I'll start with my favorite card of the bunch.








That's all for me today.  I cannot wait to see what everyone else made with their kits.  Thanks so much, Kim, for sending such a wonderful kit.  Please click here if you would like to see a supply list.  And, you can click here to see our 12 kits blog post.

Now, you can hop on over to the other designers in the group to see what they did with their kits.

Joyce (that's me)




 Kara


 Kim





Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. A wonderful set of cards Joyce! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Joyce. I really love the first one with the various hills and that adorable bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow..you really went to town with your kit. I love all of your beautiful cards and how you used those sweet Santa's, so magical. I do have to say I am very surprised that you did not use that cute little owl...wonder what you have planned for him??? Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family too, enjoy your quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards, Joyce ... it's particularly special to see them this month as I saw some of the kit coming together at the Lake House ... so fun to see how you used what Kim was putting together! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure everyone had a fantastic time with you as hostess, Joyce! It is a lot of work, but it's so worth it!! I sure love what you did with Kim's excellent kit!! Thank you for oodles of inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bunny with the patterned hills IS so adorable, Joyce! I also love the red embossed Santa with the sentiment on the banner (glad I still have both of those from my kit!!). Your sweet Santa face is perfect with the vintage looking patterned paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to host Thanksgiving - what a treat and also lots of work!! Glad to hear it was a success!! What fun to see all the cards you made from this kit!! I am loving all the vintage Santa cards and my favorite card is the one you started off with - what an awesome job you have done creating amazing cards with that wonderfully cool kit!! Hope you have a truly fabulous day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just terrific Joyce, each and EVERY one of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful CAS cards! I love the Serendipity Stamps Santa, uncolored and framed in the oval.love them all Joyce! I hear you on the fun and a lot of work! Glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so cute. I like the old time Santa. Is that the Coke image? We had no rain but friends in Murrieta and Orange county did.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce! My fave here is the bunny on all the different layers of patterned paper - how cool is that?!!! So fun too! I love that big Santa face in the circle too! Really great fun happy post here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome cards, a true Christmas delight :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful job with Kim's kit, Joyce! I love your patterned hills too--such a wonderful scene for the bunny. Kim's Santa images were just fabulous and so easy to use. I especially love how you placed that one vintage image in a circle. That shows him off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa! Awesome cards all of them. You certainly had fun with this month's selection.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful collection of cards from the kit, Joyce! I love how you kept your designs CAS and allowed the images and sentiments to be the 'star of the show'! So glad you had a great time with your family at Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So awesome! Love that you used mostly different supplies, so now I can CASE your cards. :) And I felt the same way about the owl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...