Friday, November 21, 2014

In Bloom Thank You






I made a card today using the technique taught at Make it Monday #189:  Impression Line Water Coloring.  I am also linking up to Simon Says Wednesday Thanks/Thanksgiving Challenge. 



I used the In Bloom Impression Plate and my Inktense Pencils for the water coloring.  I drew over all the impression lines with the pencil, then went over them with a water brush.  Then, I went back and added more color inside the lines using more water to get a paler version of the same color.  I started with the leaves and then moved on to the smaller flowers.  By the time I got to the biggest flower, I had the technique down better, and I am most happy with how that flower came out.

I was not sure where to put a sentiment, because I did not want to cover up my biggest flower, so I cut the panel to a narrower width and had the sentiment go up the side of the card base.  If my paper was not so warped, I would have popped this panel up, but I had to use lots of score tape to get it to lay flat.  I think I will use water color paper next time.


Thanks for Visiting

19 comments :

  1. This is gorgeous, I love the bold sentiment strip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fresh and lovely Joyce! You did a great job ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!! I like where you put the sentiment. Keeps the flower front and center.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Your flowers are gorgeous and I love how you placed the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bloom is lovely, Joyce. Must try those Inktense pencils. I also love the placement of the sentiment. Striking contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so fabulous, Joyce ... what gorgeous blooms ... the sentiment's perfectly placed to allow them to shine! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your pretty blooms Joyce...such pretty coloring! And I absolutely love how you did your sentiment to the side...what a perfect "happy accident" that turned out to be by not wanting to cover your pretty flower! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card turned out beautifully, Joyce. I wanted to try this but don't have a die I could use. I have found that it does pay to use watercolor paper and even then you need to tape it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colouring, Joyce. I also like the placement of the sentiment - and that you repeated it. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, Joyce! I love the sentiment placement!

    ReplyDelete
  11. BEAUTIFUL card, Joyce. You really have this technique down. Love the bright colors of this gorgeous Bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Great job with the coloring. I didn't try this technique since I didn't have an appropriate die.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Joyce! Really amazing job with the MIM technique!! If I haven't said it before and I don't get back by beforehand, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous and very well done - Love the idea for your sentiment placing!! So perfect for this card!! I am sorry that my visits to your blog and my comments have been so sporadic!! I have been trying to get back into the swing of things and I think it is finally working! Thanks for sharing your talents - you are one talented lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very pretty! I love how the sentiment runs along the edge! Thanks so much for joining us for the Thank You/Thanksgiving Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card and a great technique. I wouldn't know where to start
    with something like that!
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joyce...this is just stunning. What a beautiful floral design, you always do amazing things.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous, Joyce! Beautiful effect with the intense pencils!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...