Tuesday, April 29, 2014

CASology Week 93: Electric





It's time for another CASology challenge, and our cue word this week is ELECTRIC.  Fun, right?  I have enjoyed pulling out favorite older stamps that haven't seen much ink recently for my CASology cards, so today I pulled out Lighten Up and Chair-ished from PTI.  The cue word of ELECTRIC made me think of things that plug in, so I thought of a lamp.  

How about you?  What do you think of when you see the word ELECTRIC?    Have some fun with this cue word, and then please link up your creation on the CASology blog by Monday 5/5 at noon (CST).



I stamped a little scene using a chair, dog, and floor from Chair-ished, and a floor lamp from Lighten Up.  I sponged some Lemon Tart ink around the lamp shade--showing a warm glow from a lamp turned on.  In person, the yellow inked area is barely visible, but in the photo it is quite bright.

Since CASology is a Clean And Simple challenge, I thought it would be helpful to review some things to keep in mind when creating a CAS design:


1.  One main image
2.  Lots of open space (uncluttered)
3.  Limited layers & embellishments
4.  Quick & easy to recreate
 
You can see that my card meets all 4 criteria above.
 
So, what do you think of when you see the word ELECTRIC?
 
Check out the beautiful designs from the CASology Design Team members and see how they were inspired by ELECTRIC.  Then, please play along and link your creation to the CASology blog by Monday 5/5 at noon (CST).  

Don't forget to keep your card Clean and Simple.
 
 
http://casology.blogspot.com/

Joyce Mehrberg (that's me)

And our guest designer:  Harriet
 
Thanks for Visiting

20 comments :

  1. Joyce, I love this little scene! That yellow around the lamp makes this a cozy picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design for the challenge! what a cozy living room scene! pup and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! As I was looking at your cozy chair, I was thinking about an electric chair!!! :) Am I nuts?! Anyway, I'd forgotten about those sets from PTI and now that you've created this card, I'm itching to go dig them out myself!!! Love this little scene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce what a great set for the challenge. Love the scene you created and is that Sherlock? Just the right amount of light from the lamp, shows up perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet scene, Joyce ... all cosy and warm ... and with such a fabulous glow from the lamp! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little scene you created, Joyce! The pooch is adorable and the glow around the lamp is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card! Love the light shining behind the lamp. Really wonderful design too! Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute scene, Joyce, dog included. I love the way you "lit" the lamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE little lit up scene Joyce!! I love the glow form the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun take on this cue card...electric baffled me a bit. Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. It made me smile...big!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is too cute Joyce! Love the scene you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Joyce! The lamp glow is perfect! This is one adorable scene with the dog too. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great CAS card Joyce and such a good idea to use the light for this topic. The dog looks really cute next to the chair reminds me of your dog.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your sweet scene--so cozy with the light turned on & the adorable dog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...what a card! I love your adorable little scene you created. And the dog is just perfect, really a sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Joyce, what a cozy scene! Love that lamp and the soft glow it's giving off. I'd love to sit in that chair right about now! Great take on the cue!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such an adorable and cozy scene :) I love it, love the shine from the light bulb !

    ReplyDelete
  18. CAS-ology has the funniest challenges! I really need to check them out and play along. I love your happy scene. Great idea to sponge in some color to look like light coming from the lamp.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...