Saturday, September 14, 2013

Three Cards for Saturday






I absolutely loved this week's Muse #34 inspiration card, from Therese Calvird.  I was tempted to use some of my many house stamps or dies, but there were so many incredible cards already out there, I felt like all the good house ideas were taken.  So, I went a different route, and was inspired by the fact that the houses were little wooden pieces--and I used some little wooden birds that I have been hoarding for quite some time.  I stuck with the basic layout of the Muse card.  The heart is three layers of the stitched heart from Lil Inkers Of the Heart dies, and they are separated by dimensional adhesive dots.









Both Simon Says Monday and Simon Says Wednesday challenges are embossing, so I will be entering this card in both of those challenges as well.

 

 

Edited to add:  I am linking this to the Metal, Wood, & Cork Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.


My next card uses the colors of this week's Dynamic Duos #70 and follows the sketch at Clean and Simple Stamping #258.  I paper pieced two of the flowers from Verve Great Friend and added some Ranger Black Enamel Accents to the centers.









My last card uses the colors from this week's ColourQ cQc #206 and the sketch from this week's Freshly Made Sketches #103.  I had given up on this week's ColourQ colors, and pulled out a stamp for something else, when it dawned on me just what I should do for this challenge.  I used one of my earliest wooden stamp purchases--Hero Arts Birthday Gift--I think it is supposed to be a birthday cake made out of presents--and stamped all the layers with the ColourQ colors, and then paper pieced it back together.  The piece at the bottom is Rich Razzleberry stamped in Versamark with WMS Off Beat Backgrounds, and embossed with clear EP.  I used some little rhinestones and stickles to decorate the different layers of the Birthday tower.




Both Simon Says Monday and Simon Says Wednesday challenges are embossing, so I will be entering this card in both of those challenges as well.


Supplies Used (PTI):
{all you need is love}
Stamps:  Fillable Frames
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy
Ink:  SU Real Red
Dies:  Lil Inkers of the Heart
Other:  Wooden birds

Just Because
Stamps:  Verve Great Friends
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold, SU Pear Pizazz, SU Basic Grey
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU Pear Pizazz
Other:  Ranger Black Enamel Accents

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Hero Arts Birthday Gift
Paper:  White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink:  Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Versamark
Dies:  Numbers Impression Plate
Other:  Clear EP, Stickles, Rhinestones



Thanks for Visiting

19 comments :

  1. too cute, each and everyone of them. I just love those sweet little wooden birds and that heart, about as sweet as they come. Your yellow posies are so lovely done on the patterned paper, a great way to say hello. Your final card is my favorite, I love the tired cake and that embossed background with the numbers, just amazing. Fabulous cards Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are absolutely wonderful! I can see why you were 'hoarding' those birds, love love love them and they are just perfect with the heart sitting between them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the Muse - great elements and that bold pop of red is very rich and passionate - perfect for that special person! Thanks for playing along, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the Muse, Joyce ... so cute and what a splendid dimensional heart! The yellow blooms are so fresh and sunny, and the birthday present cake is such fun! Oh, just have to say also that I love how you add a close up picture of your card to the top of your post ... it's like a little taster before the big dish! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fabulous cards and you matched them to perfect challenges. Your Muse card rocks, your Dynamic Duos is beautiful and your colourQ/Retro Sketches is too fun! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos and colourQ this week Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute! love those wood birds, the pretty flowers, and the birthday embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your paper piecing on the C&S challenge! great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of these, Joyce! Those wood birds are adorable and the simplicity of the card just perfect. Love the fresh, clean look of your DD flowers and the fun tiered cake that is so great for a birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had a lot of stamping fun! I love them all, but I especially like those birthday packages all stacked up with the candle on top...that must have been fun to stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A pretty trio of cards Joyce!! I like your topsy turvy birthday cake! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh... all three cards are fabulous. I especially love the beautiful embossed background and cute wooden birds on the first card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so much good stuff! I really loved those sweet paper pieced flowers, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Three fantastic cards! Great job with each one of the challenges! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those paper pieced flowers are SO pretty Joyce! What a statement they make.
    Thank you for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your take on the muse card, its such a cute design. And the woodgrain background sets it off beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All your cards are fabulous and I love them all

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous birthday card, Joyce, love the embossed numbers and that fun cake! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just LOVE the paper piecing you did for our challenge this week!!! Thank you for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week, we sure hope to see you back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Joyce! Thanks for linking this up to the Metal, Cork, & Wood Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...