Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Make it Monday: Happy Birthday


I've got a birthday card for my brother that uses the technique outlined in this week's PTI Make it Monday #37:  Layered Mats and Frames, as well as the color scheme in this week's CR84FN Challenge #40If you have been following my blog, you will realize that this is my third card with this color scheme.  What can I say--it's a great color scheme...


I used Mat Stack #5 as my main frame, and cut a window out of it with Fillable Frame #11.  


It's a bit hard to see, but I layered the gift die cut over several layers of coaster for a thicker dimension:


Here is a peek at the inside of the card:






Supplies Used:
Stamps:  PTI:  Boy Basics Rock On, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler, Market Street Stamps Wood Grain, IO Cover a Card Burlap, 
Paper:  PTI:  Kraft, Dark Chocolate, Men of Life, SU Real Red
Other:  Dies:  Mat Stack #5, Fillable Frame #11, Make a Wish, Double Ended Banner


Thanks for Visiting

13 comments :

  1. the burlap & woodgrain compliment each other nicely. The red really pops against these two colors. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling card Joyce! Lovin' all the layers and dimension! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super birthday card with so much dimension - I do like the parcel. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little framed gift Joyce! It looks so cozy all tucked in the pretty wood frame :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the challenge, Joyce! I love all the texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty!! love that thick present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! That little package makes me smile every time! The wood impression plate also adds a lot of interest. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's cool! Love the die die cuts and cutouts and how they have been layered. So clever and very creative. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love that little popped up package and the frame is sweet. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really cute card, I love your chipboard present in the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is great. I love the frames you used for this. Those shapes are great together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The present on this card is just perfect for the frame. Great card and wonderful colors, and I love that the inside is just as cute as the outside.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great layers on this card Joyce! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...