Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Haunting



I have a card for today using a very fun Waltzingmouse set called Hocus Pocus, that I borrowed from my friend Cathy at Empty Nest Crafter.   I am playing along with CAS-Friday's challenge #24 which is to make a Halloween card without using Orange.  It sounded hard at first, but actually was actually a fun challenge.  Here is what I came up with:





I used a color scheme of PTI Lavender Moon, Soft Stone and True Black.  Nice and spooky, and no orange in sight. The bats are from a Martha Stewart punch I picked up at Michaels last year, and the sentiment is on a die cut made out of PTI's Christmas Label die.  I am loving that die for all sorts of things, although one day, I really should use it with the coordinating stamp set I bought.


Thanks for Visiting

11 comments :

  1. So cute Joyce! I just bought that set - but it hasnt been inked up yet...thanks for the inspiration! love the color combo as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fence stamp-- it's fabulous! I also love the colours you used--- it makes it feel like the scene is taking place at dusk! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Those colors together are awesome. Cute stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so GREAT! I really like it, especially the way you made the moon and those bats flying by. That fence adds such a spooky feel to it and lastly, that label die is so good with the sentiment. Sometimes you don't need the stamp set to make a diecut look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh now that is a spectacular and awesome color combo for a Halloween card. A touch of spooky elegance. Great design! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this iron fence with the crows perched on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply Spook-tacular! I just love this set and the wonderful moodiness you've created with the ink and colored cardstock. Those crows, that, fence, the label...all brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! Love the fence, the bats and crows. Gives you that real spooky feeling. Just wonderful and I do plan to case it once I have the Hocus Pocus set in my hands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...