Thursday, June 17, 2021

4 Cards for Thursday




Hello and happy Thursday.  I am popping in quickly to share a few cards I've made this week.  I used some stencils I got from The Greetery that create an entire card front's worth of plaid.  It decided to cut it into strips, and used 2 of those strips for my first two cards.

I paired my first plaid strip with some MFT martini glasses, stamped using the same ink as one of the plaid stripes.  I was inspired by Festive Friday #86 (Clean and Simple, Blue, Plaid), Freshly Made Sketches #490 and WWC318: Occasions (birthday).





I used another strip of that plaid for my next card.  I also used the same sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #490 , and am also playing along with this card at The Male Room #151: Dads & Grandads, Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #24: For the Guys, WWC318: Occasions (Father's Day), and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Animal Antics (that sneaky little kitty taking a nap on dad's feet).










My next card uses the Peek-A-Boo Books cover plate die from Hero Arts and the Literary Quotes stamps to create a tone on tone monochrome card inspired by A Blog Named Hero June Challenge.  I was also inspired by the challenge at Festive Friday #86 (Clean and Simple, Blue, Books) and Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #24: For the Guys.




And, one more take on that same design, this one using a rainbow of colors sponged upon the books.  I'll enter this card at Stay Crafty with Hero Arts #24: For the Guys as well as The Rainbow Challenge #30: Radically Rainbow.







Thanks for Visiting

 

23 comments :

  1. Fabulous cards, Joyce! I like the plaid you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that plaid stencilling! And very wise to use just a strip of it so as not to overpower your card. Perfect for a Dad card, my Dad wears loads of plaid! Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet father's day card, I like the hammock idea. Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool cover die! I love how you used it with the blue and the different colors. Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun set of cards! I just love that plaid paper! It's fabulous! Love the dad and his cat too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful monochromatic card using the peek-a-boo books cover die. I really like how you ink blended each book to highlight them!
    Thank you so much for joining our A Blog Named Hero challenge!
    Anna @Crafty Anna Studio
    A Blog Named Hero Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fun rainbow card! You are on a roll! Thanks for getting your rainbow on at The Rainbow Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello my crafty friend! Well I am up for a Martini!! Love how you worked this with the plaid and fab Father's Day card-like the touches of white in the colouring and fun peek a boo cards-sending crafty hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another fabulous rainbow card for our challenge Joyce ! Love this great book cover plate die and the beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at the Rainbow Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards! Thank you for joining us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards, Joyce! I LOVE the plaid you created. I'm so glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great collection of cards. Thank you for linking a couple up to the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are simply wonderful cards....so in love with your fabulous Father's Day card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful cards! The dad lying in the hammock looks so cool! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous set of cards as always, Joyce. I love them all. I am going shoping when I hit send - need that plaid stencil. Fabulous. I love the way you used pieces of it for your martini and Father's Day cards (where is that man in hammock set from please?). Thanks for playing at Festive Friday. I always love to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at A Blog Named Hero! Your blue peek-a-boo book card is wonderful (and I love the rainbow one, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really got great use out of that plaid stenciling! And it looks fabulous - I thought it was a patterned paper at first. All your cards are fantastic. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Books, books, and more books. I love the sentiment too. Great card for our rainbow challenge. Thanks for playing with us at the Rainbow Card Challenge. Can't wait to see what you create for our July challenge.
    Elena DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Plaid and martini glasses! I am so doing this. And I love how the different pairings seem to highlight different colours in the plaid. Of course I love the two book cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the monochromatic envelope card! Thanks for entering the A Blog Nmaed Hero challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great collection of cards! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did a great masculine card! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    Maja DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a fresh colors and cool image with a perfect sentiment. Thank you for joining The Male Room Dads and Granddads -challenge, I hope you'll come and join our new Christmas in July -challenge too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...