Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Crafty Weekend



This is my second post today.  Please scroll down or click here for my Waltzingmouse Blog Party card.

The house was pretty quiet this weekend, with my noisiest daughter gone on a school trip.  I had lots of time to play with my new (and old) stamps, and catch up on some of my favorite challenges.




First up is a card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS#19, using this week's Color Throwdown CTD233 colors.  I ordered the new Folk Art Medallion from Waltzingmouse, and couldn't wait to get inky with it.




I knew I wanted to do a striped pattern with Watercolor Wonder for this week's Dynamic Duos DD#44, but couldn't choose between two ideas of what to do next.  I made them both, but I guess I must be dieting, because neither one uses the dessert option of ribbon.








My next two cards use the colors for this week's Play Date Cafe PDCC#173.  I discovered a pretty good coral ink in my stash--Versacolor Old Rose, and have been using that ever since I returned my PTI Melon Berry because it was too brown.

This first card is also for this week's challenge at A Blog Named Hero:  Free Style. 



I broke out my PTI Guidelines II set, and discovered how fun and easy it is to stamp a beautiful geometric pattern.  Thanks, Kate, for all the inspiration--you are the reason I finally caved and bought this set.  I also finally learned how to use my Bow Easy by watching this video, and I think the bow on this card is my best ever.






I am squeaking in just in time with my next card for this week's Paper Smooches Designer Drafts Challenge.





Last for today is a card for this week's Retro Sketches RS#55.  This week's sketch is based on a card by Laurie, and I love the fact that I could highlight and use some of my huge stash of patterned paper.



Speaking of patterned paper, I am very excited about the Pattern Play class I am taking starting tomorrow.  I hope to see some familiar names and faces as I learn how to better use all that patterned paper I love to buy.


Supplies Used (PTI):

Birthday
Stamps:  Waltzingmouse Folk Art Medallion, Folk Art Label
Paper:  White
Ink:  Spring Moss, Orange Zest, Kraft, Memento Angel Pink, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Pearl

HI
Stamps:  Watercolor Wonder, Headline Alphabet
Paper:  White, True Black
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Embossing Folder, Kaisercraft Black Pearls

Sending Get Well Wishes
Stamps:  Watercolor Wonder, Flower Fusion, Everyday Photo Finishers
Paper:  White
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Versafine Onyx Black

Congrats
Stamps:  Hero Arts Large Open Flower, Think Big Favorites
Paper:  White, True Black
Ink:  Versacolor Old Rose, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Aida Impression Plate, Kaisercraft Black Pearls

Happy Anniversary
Stamps:  Guidelines II, Think Big Favorites
Paper:  White
Ink:  Versacolor Old Rose, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Seam Binding from stash, Bow Easy

I Dig You
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Woofers and Tweeters
Paper:  White, Authentique Fresh
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Glossy Accents

Way To Go
Stamps:  Avery Elle Framed Fonts
Paper:  White, Dear Lizzy Neapolitan
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles, Edger Die, Watermelon Twine, Ranger Black Enamel Accents


Thanks for Visiting

 

23 comments :

  1. WOW! Amazing cards Joyce!
    I will see you in class tomorrow. I am very excited for my very first online card class and am excited to use up some of my hoarded DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK that is where you have been all weekend! LOL Wow Joyce what a beautiful collection of cards. I see that you watched the video and you bow turned out fabulously! All such incredible and beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you've been busy! These are wonderful! I love that new Walztingmouse medallion - so clever to make it so that you can stamp different areas in different colours! You've made it look fresh and mod by stamping it off the edge! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where to start - that background stamping is amazing on the anniversary card!! I shy away from anything that detailed, but wow am I impressed! Keep going back for another look at that card and the yellow paint stripes - love the clean look of those cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joyce you've been busy, busy, busy! These are wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Joyce - just saw your comment about the blueprint stamps - locally I pick up a set a GeeGee's and one at Ever After (you can email me at jjsouthas at yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you've been busy! I love your card with the new WMS folk art set-- very pretty take on the sketch! I also love the cards you made with the watercolour stamps and how you've been adding the enamel dots (great placement!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Now I'm famous too! Thanks for the shout-out and heck ya (MN accent) your guidelines background is Tee-rific!! WOW! Love 'em all! You amaze me. How do you keep track of all of the challenges? Do you refer to the challenge site while you are creating? How you can accomplish all that you do just blows me away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That striped pattern is so interesting! I like both cards, but I think the flowered one is my fav! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, you were very busy and so many wonderful creations too! I have two favorites, your first card using the new WM set. Your card is so beautiful and I love how you used it, off the edge of your card and the colors are so pretty. My second favorite card is your fourth card, Congrats with that Aida impression plate really makes your card stand out. But really all of your cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well you've been busy. Love them all! So glad you were able to join us at Dynamic Duos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing group of cards - all so wonderfully clean but with unique touches on each. I popped over from CAS(E) this Sketch just to tell you that I love your creative take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're going to have to share your secret with me on getting these all done - and they made themselves is not what I'm hoping to hear! Wow! This would take me forever - beautiful cards - the WM and yellow and black are real stand outs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, wow?!? What's even more amazing is that this is your SECOND post of the day! You are a crazy-craftin'-machine!!! Love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! What a group. Fantastic cards you've created for the Dynamic Duos, love the stripes. Thanks for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow - you've been so busy. I think these are all just lovely. I have to admit that I'm very partial to the folk art medallion card and the lovely anniversary card! Just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! Looks like you've been super busy! LOOOOOOVe each of these cards--esp. that card for the PSS challenge! LOVE the CAS design and the stacked animal friends:) FAB take on the sketch! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!!! Hope you will join in the fun again this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. those coral cards are so gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of gorgeous cards in this lot Joyce, you have been busy! The yellow and black ones are fabulous! Thank you for sharing your card with us this week at Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. All your work is wonderful! You really worked the color splash this week, so glad you joined us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous cards, Joyce! I love the watercolor ones and the pattern you built with Guidelines is gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Joyce you have been busy. Love the yellow and black 'hi' card it really stands out and your stamped background with the giga guidelines set - the bow is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful cards! Love the elegance of your coral cards! Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...