Monday, January 28, 2013

Clean & Simple Card Making (2) Day 1




Today is the first day of Clean & Simple Card Making (2), and already we have homework.  At least it is the fun kind of homework.  I am taking this online class with two friends who I met online.  We have been passing virtual notes during our virtual class, and it's all been great fun so far. 

We got lots of good hints to improve our cards today, and 4 sketches, too.  I made cards for two of those sketches today.






They used speech bubble dies in two of their cards today.  Those are now on my wish list.  But, here is what I did today--I stamped one of the speech bubbles from Lawn Fawn A Birdie Told Me on Hawaiian Shores card stock, cut it out, and then turned it over.  They also used some paper tape that came in full sheet size.  Those went on my wish list, too.  I'll bet you can see where this is going.  I think I will have quite a list in two weeks.  Thank goodness for the discount code they will be providing all participants.

One of the nice features they have added to this class since the first time I took it is that every lesson has a PDF, so I can make a binder of all the sketches, supply lists, helpful hints, etc.


Supplies Used:
Thinking of You

Stamps:  PTI Hello Sunshine, Background Basics Herringbone, Hero Arts Everyday Greetings
Paper:  White, Summer Sunrise
Ink:  PTI Soft Stone, Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  White Embossing Powder, Spellbinder Circle Die

You're Special
Stamps:  Hero Arts Envelope Background, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Paper:  White, Hawaiian Shores card stock and pattern pack
Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Versamark
Other:  White Embossing Powder, Rhinestones


Thanks for Visiting

24 comments :

  1. Wonderful cards Joyce! I might have to go and sign up...I was thinking about it the other night as I would surely love it!

    :) Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! PDF sound like a great way to look back at what you learned as well. Both have great stamped backgrounds. Beautiful job with your fun homework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great cards!! glad u are enjoying your class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce both of your cards turned out amazing. Love that herringbone and the Hawaiian Shores speech bubble with the bling is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on your two cards...love the sentiment on your first card with the herringbone background! this is a fun class...my BFF and I were skyping all afternoon doing these together! it is fun when you do it with someone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some awesome cards, wow! Love the bright colors in the second, and the strip of yellow in the first is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great class Joyce - love the design on the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun it looks like you are having! How clever of you to flip the stamp you had over:) Love the color combos too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards, Joyce! I've finally got my internet access back, so I'll be joining in shortly! Yippee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, both of your cards are just awesome!!!! I have to get some of those conversation bubbles, really makes for a wonderful card. See you bright and early tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are going to be such a pro by the time you are done with this class...love the speech bubble idea and I can't wait to see that list by the time the class is over!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, you are cracking me up that you are passing virtual notes during class!! ;) I think this class is paying off, look at these great cards! And way to go on creating your own word bubble die with no die!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards, Joyce! Will see you in the class today:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the sketches, Joyce! I love the texture you added with the herringbone in the first card and the earthy masculine tones.
    Thanks so, so much for your sweet comment on my blog. One never stops learning from masters like Jennifer and Julie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sunshine sentiment card- looks like a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two great cards, Joyce! I love how you stamped the background on both!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cards Joyce. My wishlist is growing just by visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are awesome Joyce. I love that weather sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Both of these are great, Joyce! You make me think I should sign up for a class. It's such fun just reading your notes and watching your wish list grow!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards Joyce and it's great to have you as a classmate. I love your improvised speech bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting! I love online classes. Might have to look into this one... Way to think outside the box with your speech bubble and I really like your off the page die cut :-) great focal point for your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are both fabulous...
    but I love the first one with the sentiment...
    and the the colorful strip to coordinate...
    perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, stunning - I love these!! Gotta get on making mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning, absolutely stunning! I gotta get on making mine now too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...