Monday, January 20, 2014

Case Study #174, Monday Mood Board #25 Addicted to CAS #30 and Simon Says Wednesday



Happy Martin Luther King Day.  It is so nice that we have a three day weekend, and I have been able to make 2 cards to play along with a few challenges I have been neglecting lately.  My first card is for this week's CASE Study #174, and we have this gorgeous card by Donna Mikasa to inspire us.  She is so crazy talented, and I cannot even begin to count the number of cards of hers I have pinned.

I was inspired by the way she had her sentiment and card base in white, and what looked to me like some really cool ink blending on top.  I took this opportunity to break out some Gelatos that I won a while back but had never used.  These Gelatos are the 'new' for ATCAS #30.  I used Metallic Blueberry, Metallic Mint and Metallic Grape, and sponged each ink on separately and then blended them together.  I am also submitting this card to Simon Says Wednesday Emboss it Challenge.






My next card is for this week's Monday Mood Board #25 at WPlus9.  I was inspired by the color palette and all that white space on the stationery.  My sentiment is embossed in gold on vellum.  I completely forgot how difficult vellum is to adhere.  I decided to put some enamel dots at each end of the sentiment strip, and put the adhesive under those dots.  The inks I used were SU Smokey Slate (lighter grey), Hero Arts Soft Granite (darker grey) and SU Crushed Curry.  I am also submitting this card to Simon Says Wednesday Emboss it Challenge.




Thanks for Visiting

22 comments :

  1. Amazing cards, I am in love with the second card and those feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...fabulous cards Joyce! I love the feathers, what a sweet thank you card and that gold embossing is just the perfect touch! Now your birthday is simply amazing!!!! And I am so happy I have a few gelato's too and will be casing this today. I used them in a class and they have been collecting dust ever since so thank you for the inspiration. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not even going to bother with either of these challenges Joyce, because you just submitted the winning entries. Gorgeous x 2!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Joyce ... or rather WOW! This is such an amazing CASE of Donna's card ... I love the colours and the scattering of sequins! The feathers are fabulous with the overlaid gold embossed vellum ... stunning! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I especially love your feather card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two terrific cards, Joyce. I love the look of the blended Gelatos and the feathers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both marvelous Joyce but the second is my fave!! The gold embossing really kicks this up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, I really like this card a lot. I did not realize that you could emboss and then ink and the embossed part does not take your colors. I am going to have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous cards Joyce. Love the blended colors on your first card ... and love the gold and embossing on vellum with your second. Both so creative! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness--2 fabulous cards! I do love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous birthday card---I bet the metallic colors are even more gorgeous IRL! The feathers are stunning and I love the gold embossed vellum panel

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great cards - LOVE the second one choice - great use of the colors & really classic design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What Gorgeous creations Joyce!!! Love both of them, so very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards- particularly like your blending of the gelatos. W9 plus are producing some gorgeous stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stunning. Love the color combo. Thanks so much for playing along with the Emboss It Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love both of your cards, Joyce! Both are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first one turned out great , love that look! Your feather card is gorgeous… love everything about that one. The embossed vellum with the sentiment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. BOTH cards pure perfections confection for the challenges!!!
    Pure yummyness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful cards! I adore them both. Such beautiful takes on the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are beautiful ~ love the fun new gelatos on the first one, and the second one is a classic beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Joyce. Love the gelatos - haven't got any yet but they're on my wish list! Thanks for joining the fun at ADTCAS?

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...