Sunday, October 6, 2013

World Card Making Day (Weekend)



I was able to get inky on World Card Making Day for the first time ever.  I had a good chunk of time on Saturday and Sunday of this weekend, and managed to crank out 5 cards for a variety of challenges.






First up is a card for this week's Case Study #160, where the muse is the oh-so-talented and sweet Elena Roussakis.  I was inspired by the red and teal stripes, the speech bubble, and the cuteness (is that a word?).  I really loved the little speech bubble cluster on this award-winning card of Lindsay's, and took inspiration from her as well.





Next up is a card using this week's DD#73 Dynamic Duos colors and the sketch at CAS(E) this Sketch CTS #48.




The challenge at this week's CAS-ual Fridays CFC116 is sequins & chevrons, and I used my Avery Elle Chevron Bits dies to cut various sizes of chevrons in a rainbow of colors.




My next card is for the Monday Mood Board #21 at WPlus9.  I love those big flowers, but converted them into feathers because I don't have any big WPlus9 flowers, and used the colors as inspiration.  I used a strip of gold glitter for the yellow, and am entering this card into the All That Glitters Is Gold Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  My layout is inspired by this card by Laura Bassen, whose blog I was peeking at when I was thinking about this challenge.







My very last card is for this week's Muse Challenge #37.  There were so many beautiful and inspirational elements to this card.  I was inspired by the flowers, the text background, the frame around the card, the little pearls, and the tilt.



When I looked at Cindy's blog post for this card, I saw that she had done some coordinating stamping on the inside of her card.  I decided to do the same thing.



Well, that about wraps up my weekend.  Now, a big clean up session is in order.


Supplies Used (PTI):
You're Super
Stamps:  Bubble Talk, Super Stripes
Paper:  White
Ink:  SU Pure Poppy, Hawaiian Shores, Versamark
Dies:  Bubble Talk, Canvas/Linen IP
Other:  White Embossing Powder

They Say It's Your Birthday
Stamps:  CASual Fridays Bold Wishes
Paper:  White, Terracotta Tile
Ink:  SU Island Indigo, Terracotta Tile
Dies:  Burlap IP
Other:  Black enamel dots

Happy B-Day 2YOU
Stamps:  CASual Fridays Bold Wishes
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, MFT Orange Fizz, SU Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Stars IP
Other:  Sequins

So Happy For You
Stamps:  Strictly Sentiments, Fanciful Feathers
Paper:  White
Ink:  Blueberry Sky, SU Real Red, Night of Navy, Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Fanciful Feathers
Other:  Martha Stewart Gold Glitter

Sending Prayers
Stamps:  MFT PRetty Poppies, Beautiful Butterflies
Paper:  Vintage Cream, SU Pear Pizzazz
Ink:  Fine Linen, Summer Sunrise, Spring Moss, SU Real Red, Mellow Moss, Versafine Onyx Black
Dies:  Lil Inkers Stitched Rectangles
Other:  Pearls

 
 
Thanks for Visiting

41 comments :

  1. you have been a busy bee...so many wonderful cards. I love them all to have to a favorite. Your final card for Muse is stunning with those poppies from MFT and your stamped inside is just as beautiful as the outside. Your first card for Case Study with the red and blue is so fun and love your choice of sentiments, so sweet. Looks like you had a fun weekend celebrating WCMD..looking forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Love your little pie card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce! I love all of these! The speech bubble card is fun - great for Case Study and the poppy card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Joyce you rocked out the challenges this weekend for sure! Ii definitely see winners here my friend. Your CASE Study is fantastic and although I love them all your Muse is just perfect!! Thank you so much for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore your CASE Study card - it is fabulous! I really need to pull the speech bubbles and leave them on my desk until I use them. The Muse card is perfect too - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...Joyce, these cards are just fabulous! I absolutely love your take on my card this week. The popped up flowers are wonderful and the perforated border is a great touch. I liked that you did the inside of the card, too! A great card all around:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between Friday and today's posts, once again you are the Queen of Challenges, Joyce. Lovely work and great job with all these "muses" and "studies" that you accomplished so beautifully. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Joyce, your diagonal stripes with the empty speech bubble are sure eye-catching! Love all your CAS-ual Fridays stamping too : ) The chevrons pointing to your sentiment are really fun. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All absolutely beautiful, Joyce! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your gorgeous cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful cards! These are all so lovely! I love the poppy card with the pretty inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Busy lady! Great cards. Looks like a wonderful weekend full of happy creating. Your muse card is a favorite. All are beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are on a roll! These are all wonderful ...love the CASe card ,so CAS love your design on that one. The different colored arrows another great idea. Bet you had fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your cards are fantastic, Joyce!!! Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your vibrant take on this week's Muse, Joyce! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowzers, Joyce! When you carve out some time to craft, you really go to town. I agree about the speech bubbles. I think that card may be my favorite, if I had to pick one. And your rainbow colored chevrons are awesome! Your little strip of gold glitter is perfect and I love how you converted it to feathers. Fabulous cards, Joyce! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great set of cards! You have been busy! I think my favorites are the first - love those stripes and the negative cuts, and the last it is simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just sitting, admiring ... and sitting ... and admiring ... and did I mention admiring? These are all so splendid, Joyce ... the poppies are simply lovely, especially with the gorgeous inside ... the speech bubbles are such fun and the chevrons are beautifully bold and vibrant. I always love your feather cards (and with bling!) and the stylised graphic blue blooms are so cool! Wow, what a weekend you had! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing Joyce, just amazing as always, lovely time visiting your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had a great weekend! Love your Muse card--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Joyce, you have been so busy and put me to shame!! I am amazed with how you come up with so many good cards in one sitting and I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite from this lovely bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You really got creative for WCMD! love all of your pretty designs Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Joyce! Thanks for linking this up to the All That Glitters is Gold challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, wow, these are all wonderful! I'm glad you had such a productive WCMD!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous cards- you were productive. Those beautifully stamped poppies were a great finale.

    ReplyDelete
  26. All your cards are lovely Joyce! Excellent work!
    Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Okay....you've been major busy and all fabulous cards!! My FAV is the CASE study card!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That pie stamp was the perfect choice for the challenge, and it made a terrific card! I love the Bubble Talk card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my fabulousness! Joyce, these cards are amazing. The details in each one are perfect...I love that you stamped in the negative space of the die cut [now I want to CASE you :) ], I love the sequins, I love the gold strip, I super love the pearls in the poppy, and I adore the stamps you chose and the three tiny rhinestones that highlight the sentiment so perfectly on your CASE this sketch card. What a inspiring visit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, you really had a productive day! All of them look so fantastic. I especially love your Case Study card--just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fab collection of cards! All amazing! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so honored that you played along! and your card was one of my faves in the gallery! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  33. 5 cards is awesome!! I love how different each one is but my fave is your take on the Muse challenge!

    Kristie
    http://mypaperlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh how wonderful, Joyce, your beautiful poppies got an FM spot at Muse ... congratulations! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. All your cards are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us in the CAS(E) this sketch! challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Another great set of cards Joyce! The CASE Study card is my favorite - great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  38. All your cards are wonderful but that poppy one took my breath away. No wonder you got a shout out at Muse for it.

    ReplyDelete
  39. First of all - don't know how I missed this post. Your cards are amazing. The feathers are simply super and I love the poppy card! You've done wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...