Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Case Study #152, Simon Says Monday Challenge, 10 Minute Craft Dash and The Paper Players









I have a card for this week's Case Study #152.  I was inspired by the rainbow stripes of Jennifer Maguire's card, and decided to use my Rainbow Circle dies for my card.  I am also entering this card in the Make the Cut challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog




I die cut rainbow circles in Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice and Summer Sunrise.  I used an image from 2012 Birthday Tags for the center.  I stamped the image once in Hawaiian Shores and then again in Versacolor Opera Pink and cut out the 'celebrate' word and attached it using dimensional adhesive.  I trimmed the bottom right corner along the edge of the circle.

A word about these Rainbow Circle dies--I am finding the die cuts a bit tricky to work with.  If you have these dies and have any hints about working with them, please let me know.  What I figured out this time is that it is easier to adhere everything to a scrap piece of card stock, carefully cut out the entire piece, and then adhere it to my card base.








My next card is for this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash, and I used the colors from this week's Paper Players challenge.  I am also entering this card in the Make the Cut challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog.  

This card took 9 minutes and 17 seconds.  Time really flies when I am crafting to a timer, that is all I can say.  I stamped a random background pattern in Strawberry Slush using images from Inside & Out Birthday II and Balloon Bash.  My focal point is some layered die cuts stamped with images from Avery Elle Party Animal.  The balloon animal looks much darker in this photo than in real life.  It is stamped with SU Strawberry Slush and then coated with a lot of Glossy Accents. 




Supplies Used (PTI):
Celebrate
Stamps:  2012 Birthday Tags
Paper:  White, Raspberry Fizz, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Limeade Ice, Summer Sunrise
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Versacolor Opera Pink
Other:  Rainbow Circles Die

Party Animal
Stamps:  Inside & Out Birthday II, Balloon Bash, AE Party Animal
Paper:  White, SU Pear Pizzazz
Ink:  Strawberry Slush, Pear Pizazz, Crisp Cantaloupe
Other:  Dies:  MFT Fishtail Flags, Wine Bottle Tag, Pinking Border, Glossy Accents



Thanks for Visiting

17 comments :

  1. Super cute cards Joyce. I love how you rounded the edges of the rainbow dies. And your party balloon animal is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun cards! Way to combine all those challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the rounded corner on the rainbow card Joyce - I can't help you with how to cut with them, but when lining up strips of color I almost always adhere them to either a scrap of cardstock or even printer paper (if I don't want extra weight).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glossy accents dog! Great job on a 10 min. card! Your first card is beautiful with the felt rainbow….. looks like a lot of work , but well worth the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, both of your cards are so fun! I just love that festive little balloon dog, so cute and love that you glossed him up. Your CASE Study card is fun, love how you used those fun dies and great stamped image for the center, fabulous and sweet birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun designs! The rainbow circles really creates a unique design! Love the sweet little balloon animal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 9 minutes 17 seconds? Really? It takes me much longer than that just to think about what I want to make! I'm very impressed, and so love your little balloon animal. It's extra special covered in glossy accents; love it! Thanks for playing along this week at The Paper Players, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your rainbow circle card! I didn't get that die because it sounded very complicated to put together. Your's looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce your CASE Study is fantastic, I love the rainbow circle and the perfect sentiment. Also love your AE puppy card, way to rock the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab cards- love the curved rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are fab - that curved rainbow is amazing. Thanks so much for playing at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - love the balloon animal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea adding the glossy accents to the balloon dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable!
    Love the take on Jennifer McGuire's card...
    no tips for you though. :(
    And what a fun party animal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards, Joyce! I love how you used that new PTI die!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning cards! Love the colours and design of the first one and the little glossy accent balloon animal is too cute. Thank you so much for sharing die cut ideas with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh that rainbow circle is amazing! I love it!! And the gloss on the balloon animal is perfect...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...