Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sneaking Two Cards In









I am finally home, and can write up this post properly.  My first card is for this week's  Play Date Cafe #190.  I was inspired by this card by Danielle Flanders--I loved the slanted background. 








My next card is for this week's  Case Study #149, where we have this fun card from Jocelyn Olson to case.  I was inspired by the layout, the scrolling frame and the touch of bright pink on the card.  I am also submitting this card to the Anything Goes challenge at Seize the Birthday, and The Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.   I used one of the frames from Boutique Borders, inking only one of the sides and stamping it in all four directions to form a square frame.   I stamped a detailed butterfly on Raspberry Fizz paper and cut it out.  I stamped the same butterfly on vellum and embossed it in white.  I adhered the Raspberry Fizz butterfly to the card front, and only adhered the vellum in the center.

Supplies Used (PTI):
First Card
Stamps:  The Sweet Life, Communique Sentiments, AE Link it Up
Paper:  White, Lemon Tart
Ink:  Harvest Gold, Soft Stone, SU Crushed Curry, Versafine Smokey Grey, Onyx Black
Other:  The Sweet Life Dies

Second Card
Stamps:  Boutique Borders, Heart 2 Heart, Hero Arts Antique Engravings
Paper:  White, Raspberry Fizz, Vellum
Ink:  Versamark, Versacolor Opera Pink, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  White Embossing Powder


Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. Joyce...wow! Both of your cards are just stunning, simply stunning! Your first one with those sweet life roses just makes me drool...I think I may need a bib! I love them with that stamp from Avery Elle!
    Your second card is just as beautiful with that butterfly in your amazing frame, just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing cards Joyce! That first one is outstanding....I love the diagonal design against the bright yellow flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both stunners, Joyce! Love the angled background on the first card and those gorgeous flowers. Your CASE Study card looks like a winner to me! Love that frame and the vellum layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous. I love the colors you used on the first one and the butterfly on your second card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are home safe and sound, Joyce! Your cards are sensational!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fabulous card Joyce! Love the diagonal on your first card, yellow and black is definitely swoonworthy. Your CASE Study is fantastic with the frame and the butterfly inside. Great job combining challenges, I think you are good at that like you ar at card making. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful! love the bold color on both of them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that frame. I don't know how you got the stamp so perfectly aligned.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Joyce! I especially love the second one with the stamped Boutique Borders making the frame-- gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yellow and grey are fab together and I love the frame you stamped on your second card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful two stamped roses. Love the framed butterfly ...gorgeous! At the last min I ordered the PTI DD additions flowers stamp. Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, Joyce! The framed butterfly card is super adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, Joyce ... the slanted graphic background is gorgeous with the flowers ... and the framed vellum butterfly is amazing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Joyce and I absolutely love your delicate butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smitten with those roses Joyce! They just jump against that lattice background. The butterfly reminds me of a real one - the vellum is so soft and I can see the color coming through the detailed embossing. The pink sentiment is yummy next to that serious black swirly frame. Makes it more fun and light!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Joyce! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...