Friday, July 5, 2013

Four Cards for Friday







I hope all of my American friends had a nice 4th of July holiday--and that my international friends had a nice random Thursday in July.  I'm here with one last July 4th card that I finally finished this morning--I guess this one will be saved for next year.  I am entering it into this week's CASology "Fireworks" challenge as well as Simon Says...Patriotic.









My next card is the first time I am playing in Little Tangles with their challenge 16 Any Old Birthday.  I got the Across the Card set the other day, and made a birthday card inspired by this card.  I used the colors of this week's Play Date Cafe PDCC#189, and tried to follow Maile's instructions here on cutting an asymetrical card front.  I am also linking this card up to Stacey's Birthday Linky Party.









I am still working through my favorite Hero Arts stamps for the challenge of Playing Favorites at A Blog Named Hero.  Today, I am playing with Just Saying Hi, and I was even able to use some Basic Grey Clippings paper.  I followed the sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #93







My last card for today is for this week's Case Study #148, where we are inspired by this beautiful card by Jocelyn Olson.  I was inspired by her multi-colored butterflies that overlapped all over her card, the placement of her sentiment, and her colors.  I used a similar colors, but went with a modern, graphic twist--various chevron images from Live Love Life. 






Well, that's it for me today.  My daughter should be landing at San Diego airport in about 4 hours.  She has been gone for the last two weeks, and I have really missed her.  Judging from how frequently she called us (never) and responded to texts (infrequently), I am guessing that she did not miss us too much.  I suppose that is how it is meant to be.


Supplies Used (PTI):
4th of July

Stamps:  WMS USA 1776
Paper:  White, True Black, MFT Lemon Drop
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU Pure Poppy, Night of Navy, Brilliance Platinum Planet
Other:  Memory Box City Scape dies

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Neat & Tangled Across the Card
Paper:  Rustic Cream, Terracotta Tile
Ink:  Scarlet Jewel
Other:  N&T Sequins, Sunshine IP

Hello
Stamps:  Hero Arts Just Saying Hi, Heart to Heart
Paper:  Rustic Cream, Basic Grey Clippings, Bazzil Antique
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Lil Inkers Stitched Circles, Black Embossing Powder

U Rock
Stamps:  Live Love Life
Paper:  White
Ink:  SU Garden Green, Real Red, Pretty in Pink, Soft Sky, Memento Cantaloupe, Versafine Onyx Black
Other  LF Dies:  A Birdie Told Me


Thanks for Visiting

23 comments :

  1. Wonderful cards, Joyce! I'm always amazed at how many cards you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Joyce as always. Love the scene you created in your patriotic card. And what a clever idea to overlap those stamps on the last card.

    I hope you enjoy your daughter's homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four fun and varied cards, Joyce! You have a nation's birthday and a neat and tangled birthday :)
    The hello card is really cool and the colorful chevron arrows is trendy cool.
    Thank you for joining us at Little Tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that Rachel will be home tonight! I can see by all of your cards for today that you needed to do something to keep your mind off of missing her. These are all just amazing and so fun. There is no way I can pick a favorite, each card is equally fabulous...but your last card using the Live Love Life really rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a few productive days again, Joyce! I always visit your blog when I'm really creatively hungry because I know I will leave very full of inspiration and admiration!! I'm especially loving all your red-white-and-blue beauties. That's definitely a little subspecialty of yours!

    I imagine you enjoying the evening loving on the long-lost daughter ~ enjoy!! And, yes, that's how it should be!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely on a ROLL! And Rockin' it!

    Love the ultra modern U Rock card!!!
    Thanks for joining in the FUN as CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to check my notes to comment on this post Joyce...wow, were you busy! The first one I have to talk about are those chevron arrows. Super smart idea! I would not have thought of that one. I also love your asymmetrical card. Unfortunately I cut some "not on purpose" asymmetrical layers just about every day, but on purpose, they are a great and interesting element on your card. Lastly, I always love when you use that skyline with the windows in yellow. Matt and Katie are there right now, Katie loves New York. Matt just goes along for the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous - love the colours and design :) Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS loved the bit about your daughter. Yes I have one like that as well. She went travelling and it was awful not knowing exactly where she was. They just don't think like us but you are right, it's how it's meant to be x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great graphic interpretation of Jocelyn's card, Joyce! I'm loving the cards you're making with that set : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay my dear what a fabulous post for FOUR cards, you are cranking out one amazing card after another!! Where to start, perfect fireworks card, your Little Tangles CAS beauty (thumbs up!), your freshly made with the fantastic patterned paper and finally your beautiful CASE Study card! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology and CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another amazing fantastic four, Joyce! The U Rock chevrons are so cool and graphic ... my fave I think! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce - wonderful cards! I love the crazy, overlapping chevrons and Lady Liberty standing guard over the city! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. fun designs! love the overlapping arrows!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all great cards! I love the telephone image and the dsp on your FMS card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super set of cards! That telephone is just fantastic! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. these cards are all so different. My favourite is your last graphic card -the overlapping chevrons are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! You are really on a roll, Joyce! :) Love all these cards and I love the Statue of Liberty silhouette you incorporated into your fireworks scene!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us again at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! WHat a line up of cards! Love the overlapping images mimicking the butterflies :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You are on fire creating so many amazing cards! You're my hero. Thanks for including CASE Study as on site to inspire you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. As always wonderful cards Joyce! Love the Liberty behind the skyline and the collage look of the telephone card. The real winner for me is the last one with that fabulous stamped background that really shows off your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, tons of fabulous cards! Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! Great cards. The U rock is my fave - love the colors and the stamping. Such a neat twist on the inspiration. And that 4th of July card has so much detail. I am so happy to be sponsoring this play date cafe challenge. Stop by and say hi.
    Leslie
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...