Monday, June 3, 2013

ColourQ #191, CASE Study #143 and CAS-ual Fridays #103






I am squeaking in at almost the last minute with a card for this week's ColourQ cQc #191.  I used a little PTI set that I know was designed for Father's Day, but who says that mom's don't want to relax too?








This is our last week of having Maile Belles as our inspiration on CASE Study #143.  I was inspired by her original card as well as her new CASE of herself.  I drew some, but not all, of my colors from her cards, as well as the idea of having 5 die cut objects and a sentiment running across.  I used some of my new Onyx Shimmer paper for the die cut 'birthday' word, and it is just so gorgeous I almost couldn't cut it (but I did).  I backed that die cut with a few layers of True Black to make it pop up.










My last card is for this week's CAS-ual Fridays CFC103:  Congratulations, and it is another graduation card.  I used a piece of Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal paper to determine my color scheme, and a graduation subway stamp from Taylored Expressions.  I stamped the sentiment block several times in different colors, and then cut and pasted them together.  I popped up the graduation cap and coated it with lots of Glossy Accents.


That's it for me today.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Happy Mother's Day
Stamps:  Polka Dot Parade, On My Couch Additions, Pretty Peonies, Homemade Hodge Podge
Paper:  White, Harvest Gold
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Harvest Gold, SU Real Red, Memento Grey Flannel
Other:  Polka Dot Parade Die, Picnic Plaid Impression Plate

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Birthday Style, Wonderful Words Birthday
Paper:  White, Onyx Shimmer, True Black
Ink:  Limeade Ice, Hawaiian Shores, Hibiscus Burst, Harvest Gold, Memento Cantaloupe & Grey Flannel, Color Box Orange Fizz
Other:  Wonderful Words die, Birthday Style Die, bling

Congratulations
Stamps:  Taylored Expressions Graphic Greetings Graduate, Background Basics Postmarks
Paper:  Kraft, Rustic Cream, Lawn Fawn Dewey Decimal
Ink:  Terracotta Tile, Aqua Mist, SU Crumb Cake
Other:  Lil Inkers Stitched Squares, Glossy Accents


Thanks for Visiting

21 comments :

  1. Joyce, once again you have come up with some pretty amazing cards! I love them all...My favorite one is your Mother's Day card and wouldn't it be nice to be able to sit back in that chair and be waited on all day??? I can dream. Your birthday card with the shimmer paper is fabulous too...can't wait to use my new paper. Love your new graduation stamp card too, such a fun stamp and love the way you changed up the colors...too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great bunch of cards. I love the texture on the first one and the black sentiment looks so striking over your candles on the second one. And your patterned paper is perfect for your last one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. Cute. Cute idea to add that little graduation cap to the subway sentiment. That was the last thing I saw and my most favorite card too! I also really like your take on Maile's card. Love the black birthday die cut over the candles. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cards, Joyce, love the Mother's Day card! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fantastic cards Joyce! Mom's do relax or at least wish that they could--LOL. Love your Maile CASE, the candles are brilliant and then the subway art, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another group of fabulous cards Joyce! Love the recliner card I had a hard time passing on that set. Love the papers and sentiments on the graduation card too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you made some fabulous cards! The recliner card is adorable! I LOVE the CASE Study card--the rainbow and contrasting black look fantastic. Your subway art graduation card is fabulous. Great stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards Joyce. Your cased Maile card is perfect. The graduation card has so many lovely touches and the subway sentiment is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome cards...you got the colourq in under the wire..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful!! Love that recliner and yes, I agree it's good for moms too!! The birthday candles look fabulous with the bold die cut. Love the colors on your graduation card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant cards! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You blow my mind with the number of cards you get done. Your mind must just be working all the time. I see that our minds went in the same direction for the CASE study challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards! I can see that you were quite inspired! :) Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card with the recliner and I love your CAS birthday card! My favorite is the last one though. Fun paper and that is the best subway art stamp. Love how you placed the cap at the top!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the stripes of colour on the candles. Great inspiration! What a line up of cards :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of fun going on here! The recliner for mom had me smiling, the sparkly candles (be still my bliny heart) and the last one for grad... love how you got so many colors in there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. More delicious inspiration, Joyce ... love the texture on the armchair one, the shimmer paper is stunning (I can understand you not wanting to cut it!), the subway art on the grad card is fabulous ... brilliant cap! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great set of cards!! Love what you've done with the birthday candle card especially

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I first saw your CAS-ual Fridays card, I thought, now how did she mask or color all those different words? Well cutting them out sounds so much easier!! Plus, you can get multiples from all the scraps! Smart. So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great cards! I especially love the second one.. such happy colors. I'm sure this card makes every receipient smile!

    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic cards, Joyce! I love the "subway art" text in the graduation one, very cool!
    Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...