Friday, May 3, 2013

Muse #15, Simon Says Stamp, and Case Study #139








I have a card for this week's Muse Challenge #15, where the muse this week is Jen Mitchell.  What a treat for me, as I have never been to her blog before.  She is a very talented crafter, and I just loved the sample card she had for us this week.  I stuck pretty close to her layout and color scheme, because I really loved them both.  I loved the embossing on her white panel, and used a Woodgrain Impression Plate for mine.   I am also linking this to the Simon Says Stamp...Happy Mail challenge.

I recently ordered some Verve stamps--I haven't bought anything from them in years, but when they had their latest sale, I bought a few sets.  I love the flowers in this set, called Great Friend.  I used Black Ranger Enamel Accents to add some shine and dimension to the flower center, and also fussy cut the flower twice, so the middle could be raised up.







I guess today was my day for CASE-ing, since my second card is for this week's Case Study #139, where our muse this month is Maile Belles.  The tough thing about CASE-ing someone like Maile Belles is--what could I change?  Her cards seem so perfect to me, that any change would only make it worse.  In the end, I kept the colors and the basic layout, but used another image from my new Verve Great Friend set.  I used Hero Arts Pale Tomato ink, which is very close to Berry Sorbet in color, but the coverage is amazing.  I am in love with this ink.  I also fussy cut this flower, and embellished the center with a rhinestone as well as white Ranger Enamel Accents.



Supplies Used:
Just Because
Stamps:  Verve Great Friend
Paper:  PTI White, Yellow Pattern, SU Baja Breeze
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black, SU Baja Breeze
Other:  PTI Woodgrain Impression Plate, Ranger Black Enamel Accents, Timeless Twine

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Verve Great Friend, Birthday Plain Jane, PTI Background Basics Circles
Paper:  PTI White
Ink:  Hero Arts Pale Tomato, Versafine Onyx Black, SU Basic Grey
Other:  PTI Canvas/Linen Impression Plate, Ranger White Enamel Accents, Rhinestone, Ellen Hutson Sequins


Thanks for Visiting

30 comments :

  1. Both very pretty Joyce. I am super excited for my Verve to arrive now so I can CASE these! You Muse card is gorgeous and with the Cape Cod wine--swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Joyce and those flowers, wow! You really have an eye for which to use and when. I love the soft blue and yellow on your Muse card and those polka dots, just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. I love those flowers. Glad to hear your review about the ink as I bought some of those pads and I think this pale tomato was one of the colors. It looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I know what you mean...I have been trying to case her card all day! You did such a good job, the color on your flower is stamped so perfectly...it is so crisp, is that new ink? Totally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of beautiful cards. Love the polka dot flowers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these new flower stamps you bought . Beautiful CAS cards too! The first one looks like the new colors for Dynamic D. Challenge coming up , I saw a post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty - love your bold blooms! Thanks for playing along with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Muse card is stunning! The black really makes your flower pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. THis is just beautiful. I love the subtle woodgrain background on the Muse card. So, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh ... just stunning, Joyce, love the Verve flower ... it's a company I only recently discovered and it's wonderful to see the stamps so beautifully showcased! Thanks so much for your visit ... so glad Alfred gave you a chuckle! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pure and perfect, Joyce. Pure and perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! Love that gorgeous flower!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Case Study card Joyce - the coverage on the flower IS amazing and love the way the sentiment overlaps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are so lovey, Joyce! Such pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both fabulous cards Joyce, wonderful colour schemes and such a beautiful flower!!

    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're both fabulous...
    love the colors of the first one...
    but I have to say that striking color of the 2nd just amazes...
    that is some gorgeous coverage...
    is your stamp stained?
    Love them both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again Joyce. I don't see where I can contact you any other way. Thanks for the lovely comment on my Blooming Meadow card. You asked how I got the different colored flowers? I colored the stamp with different colored markers and "huffed" on it good before stamping. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning card Joyce, great take on Maille work of art :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just popped back to wish you a very Happy Birthday, Joyce ... hope it's a wonderful day! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. A little birdie told us it was your Birthday, Joyce. Happy Birthday....Lovely cards....too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Birthday Joyce...your fan Darnell sent me over and what fun it was to scroll through. Both cards are vibrant and beautiful. I like how the black layered behind the focal just draws you in for a closer look.

    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, card Joyce! And Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just saw the awesome birthday blog hop for you and had to pop on over and wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Your cards are always an inspiration to me and I love visiting your blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are gorgeous! The big, bold flower is a great accent!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday Joyce! I loved what Tracey said about you on her blog today! All of it true! Many happy returns!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are both super pretty! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations, Joyce, on being a Featured Member at Muse with this gorgeous card! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Popping back to congratulate you choice on being a voter's choice at MUSE! Well-deserved!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...