Saturday, May 18, 2013

Five Cards for Saturday




I always have more crafting time when my daughter has a lot of homework, since she often needs me with her when she works.  So, for the next few weeks, as she prepares for finals and end of term projects, I will be in my craft room, keeping her on track and working on my own stuff.

My first card for today is for this week's CASE Study challenge #141, where our muse is still Maile Belles.  Here is her inspiration card.  


I loved everything about this card, and took my inspiration from the layout, the colors, and the die cut word.







Next up is a card for this week's CASology challenge #44, where the cue word is 'bloom'.  I am also submitting this card to this week's Simon Says...Flower Power challenge.  I got my inspiration from this card by Nicole during the PTI release of Fancy Folk Art.







Keeping with the flower theme, this card is for this weeks challenge at A Blog Named Hero to create a CAS card.  I saw a beautifully colored card on Bonnie's blog here, and I asked her how she did it, because I knew that the image was one single stamp.  Stamp markers and a lot of huffing was her response, so I tried that out on this card. I am also linking this card up at CASology challenge #44 and  Simon Says...Flower Power challenge.






My card for this week's Fusion Challenge #7 is inspired by the photo.  This is unusual for me, as I normally have a hard time with inspiration photos and an easier time with sketches.  But, when I saw that photo, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.


My very last card today is for this week's One Layer Wednesday #140, where the challenge is all about making a border.  I used my newest Avery Elle Link it Up stamp and some gold embossing powder (I hear that is quite trendy these days) to make a simple yet elegant thank you card.



That's it for me today.  Rachel is done with her studying for the day, and is off jumping on the trampoline.  I wonder what tomorrow will bring?


Supplies Used (PTI):
So Proud of You
Stamps:  Sketched Shapes, Wonderful Word Additions
Paper:  White
Ink:  Hibiscus Burst, Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Wonderful Words die, black enamel dots

Birthday Wishes
Stamps:  Fancy Folk Art
Paper:  White, SU Rich Razzelberry
Ink:  Versamark, SU Baja Breeze, Rich Razzelberry, Garden Green, Colorbox Orange Fizz
Other:  Fancy Folk Art Dies, White Filigree Embossing Powder, pearls

Thinking of You
Stamps:  Hero Arts Blooming Meadows, Everyday Greetings
Paper:  White, True Black
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Marvy Stamp Markers, Twine, black enamel dots, twine, Sketched Shapes die, Quatrefoil Impression Plate

Congrats to the Grad
Stamps:  Mixed Messages, Background Basics Farm and Barn
Paper:  Kraft solid and pattern, Pure Poppy, Fine Linen
Ink:  SU Pure Poppy, Kraft
Other:  Rustic Twine, Memory Box Prim Poppy Die, Tiny Tags Die

With Gratitude
Stamps:  Avery Elle Link it Up, Think Big
Paper:  Vintage Cream
Ink:  Versamark, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Ranger Gold Embossing Powder


Thanks for Visiting

25 comments :

  1. Joyce, what can I say? ALL amazing cards! (How come when my kids have to study I get NOTHING done?) So glad you joined in the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, you have been so busy and so many amazing and wonderful creations! I love your blooming meadow card, just stunning, I can almost smell that beautiful field of flowers. The rest of your cards are amazing but they always are, no surprise here. Looking forward to see what you create for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Joyce, I especially love the floral card with twine, and the gorgeous geometric design in the last card :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the first that you CASed Maile. So clever to stamp sketched circles slightly layered each other. It has awesome effect. Thanks for sharing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous FUSION card Joyce - LOVE your CASE Study too!
    So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great cards. love the flower garden and your case syudy card is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, you've been busy. These are all fabulous. Love your take on Maile's card on your first one. Your Fancy Folk Art card is stunning and I love the way your flowers look on your 3rd one. And the poppy dies you used on your first one look like a must have. And your last card looks so sophisticated with that border stamp and it in gold. Thanks for all the eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been busy again! These are all gorgeous - love the beautiful blooms! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards - love your CASE of Maile best! You are right the colours and die-cut sentiment are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some incredible cards - wow. All unique and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tons of wonderful cards...you've been busy! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the diversity of your cards - the Case Study is stunning - love the colors & perfect execution (and I still haven't inked up that set?!) and I am in awe of the middle CASology card - I love the color profile their too & the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Five loves to you, Joyce! My fave for sure this time is the Case Study card with the happy bubbles of color! Genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well then its a good thing she has lots of homework this weekend!
    Great cards!
    And thanks again for letting me know google plus ws messing up my blog commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fab collection of inspiration. I especially love the graphic circle design and the gold embossing, just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your creativity was overflowing this week. Five absolutely beautiful yet diverse cards. How about channeling some of that mojo my way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. wonderful set of cards! your CASology card is so very pretty! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great set of cards..love them! So glad you were able to join us this week at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow x5 Joyce. You created such fantastic cards for the individual challenges. I am so impressed, where too start. Your CASE of Maile is gorgeous, love the Fancy Folk Art, fabulosu Quatrefoil impression, the kraft dots paper is really cool here and finally love that Avery Elle. When you told me yesterday you had created 5 cards I just had to come home early to see. ;) Thank you for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely batch of cards. Thanks for sharing all these pretty and clever designs.
    Heather T

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful cards...all so different in design but all equally as appealing~ A wonderful CASE of Maile's card...love the pretty colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just fabulous cards, I love the beautiful colours of the gorgeous flowers and lovely on the embossing!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good luck to your daughter in her exams, how lovely that you can work together and give her support Joyce :0)
    Love all your cards, you'll be challenged out by the end of the finals!!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so jealous that you get so much done every week Joyce! You have to teach me your secret! Lock everyone out of the house or something!! How to pick my favorites... you know I am nuts about color and the "thinking of you" with all the pretty flowers (hope they didn't have you huffing) is amazing - but I think the first one for CASE shows off your style best - it's a knock out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all amazing, Joyce, I particularly LOVE the circles ... oh, and I particularly LOVE the wild flower meadow ... well, now I think about it, there isn't a single one I don't LOVE! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...