Saturday, May 11, 2013

Case Study #140, CAS(E) This Sketch #27 and CAS-ual Friday's #100







I absolutely loved both Maile's original card and her CASE of herself.  I have that Hero Arts Dogwood stamp, and it took all the discipline in the world to stop myself from just making an exact replica of each of her cards.  But, I decided to be a good girl, and put my own spin on Maile's cards for this week's Case Study #140.  I Loved the intricate and old fashioned look of the dogwood, the stamping on craft, the blossoms popped up and the background stamping.  I used the Hero Arts Hydrangea, which I felt had the same sort of feel, and one of my favorite background stamps--Hero Arts Envelope.  How perfect is that new twine I just got from The Twinery--black and craft and so yummy.










My next card is for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS#27 and CAS-ual Friday's CFC#100, where I am playing the diagonal of Birthday, Bling, Punches or Dies.




Can you see the bling on this card--it is subtle, but these poppies are so delicate--the bling is a fine line of Stickles across the top of each poppy.  I really love how this card turned out.  Hibiscus Burst poppy on white card stock with the crackle stamp in Memento Pink.  This is version #2.  Version #1 was a sympathy card on Vintage Cream, with an Aqua Mist poppy and Ocean Tides sentiment.  Sounds great, but just wasn't working for me.  When I picked it up and made a huge smudge (note to self--wash ink off hands before handling cards), that was my clue to scrap it and try again.  I like this happier version much better.

That's it for me.  I am off today to take my 8th grader dress shopping for a graduation dress.  Please wish me luck.  She hates to shop and is a total tomboy.  I think she would prefer to wear her soccer uniform, right down to the cleats, but I don't think her school will allow it.  This will be very interesting.  Unfortunately, she has already outgrown her Bat Mitzvah dress, which was another shopping nightmare.  So, no easy out for me today.

Supplies Used (PTI):
Case Study
Stamps:  Hero Arts Hydrangea & Envelope Pattern, Sending You
Paper:  Kraft, Kraft Pattern pack, Rustic Cream
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Kaiser dots, Timeless Twine

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Verve Big Wish, Crackle
Paper:  White, Hibiscus Burst
Ink: Memento Angel Pink, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Memory Box Prim Poppy die, Stickles


Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. Both suchh beautiful cards. I LOVE your CASE Study card Joyce, that twine is fantastic and the flower beautiful. The poppy die looks fantastic on your CAS(E) this Sketch card. Thanks for sending me some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so behind on commenting, sorry! I love both of these gorgeous cards! Wow your case study card is just amazing, love that you kept the same tones. Love the way you used the crackle stamp behind the beautiful die cut flowers. Simply elegant birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You motivated me today Joyce...I'm still sitting in my pjs and had my Case Study card right in front of me and had been too lazy to write it up! Your great card inspired me to get going...we both were inspired by the kraft, black and white combination on Maile's card. Your flowers are gorgeous...I love the hydrangeas popped up on the kraft card stock. Your other card has such a pretty silhouette on it...had to zoom in to check out that great poppy die...I do see the bling! Have a great day with the dress shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce, wow! Your case study card is simply stunning! That hydrangea is beautiful. I rarely use kraft card stock, but you really made it shine with the black and white, gorgeous! That twine is amazing too.
    Your poppy card is just so cute. I love your choice of color, very festive for a birthday card.
    Hope you had a great shopping trip too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Joyce, I love both of these. You card for CASE study is perfect. It gives the same exact feel and is phenomenal. And I love your second card. The added stickles is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce, both cards are beautiful! I especially love your CASE Study card. The gingham border is perfect for this card, as is the envelope pattern background. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great cards - love the CASual Friday/Case this Sketch card - the red diecut & touch of glitter is so elegant. Best of luck with the dress shopping - I have a jeans & flat shoes girl who is extremely difficult to dress shop for - but shoes are even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two gorgeous cards, Joyce. Love the Hydrangea image and the black/white on kraft is so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Joyce - Loved reading your post! Your first card - gorgeous - love the leaf hanging over the stamped gingham and the way the flower pops - the second - so understated - the intricate die and the lacy stamping with the clean sentiment are wonderful together. Hope your dress shopping went well - I dread it too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both fabulous! I totally know what you mean about wanting to make exact replicas of Maile's cards. I especially love the CASE of herself. Totally swoon worthy! Love that crackle background on the second card and the pop of the red flower. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    And your daughter sounds exactly like me! I am still a total tomboy!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So love your white popping off the kraft! And your barely-there bling is perfect on your happy version of the card. Thanks so much for joining the 100th CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards! I love how you resisted making an exact replica of Maile's card; that takes some willpower!
    Thanks for studying with us this week on CASE Study!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your take on Mailes card is just gorgeous Joyce ... perfect choice of stamp to use :0) Love your CF card too... must dig out my crackle bkgd too.
    jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! Thank you for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What gorgeous cards! I love the kraft and black, yummm! Thanks for playing along with our special anniversary challenge at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your cards look fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...