Monday, May 6, 2013

Case Study #139 Take 2 and Moxie Fab Challenges







I am back with one more take on Maile's beautiful inspiration card for Case Study #139I wanted to try a three flower look, like Aimes used for her sample card.  Instead of die cutting, I stamped the largest bloom in the middle, masked it off and stamped two smaller blooms on either side.  Then, I cut the top off of the paper, closely following the top edge of the flowers.


The front panel is popped up with dimensional adhesive, and I stamped a houndstooth pattern from Market Street Stamps on the bottom layer.  I used my Inktense pencils to water color the flowers, and added a bit of glitter to the flower centers with a Sakura Jelly pen.  I will be entering this card into the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.



My next card is for the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger:  Pretty Little Petit-Fours.  I was inspired by the soft pink colors, the flowers, the woodgrain and the sprinkling of pink.  I decided to do a sprinkling of hexagons, stamped in various pink patterns.  My card started to look like it wanted to be a baby card, so I stamped all of the baby-type sentiments from Mixed Messages on some randomly scattered hexagons.



Supplies Used (PTI):
Feel Better Soon
Stamps:  In Bloom, Asian Fusion, Market Street Houndstooth
Paper:  White
Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Inktense Pencils, Jelly Dots

Baby
Stamps:  Happy Hexagons, Mixed Messages
Paper:  White, Vellum
Ink:  SU Pretty in Pink
Other:  Hexagon Cover Plate, Beautiful Bloom die, Woodgrain Impression Plate, heart shaped brad


Thanks for Visiting

24 comments :

  1. These are so creative Joyce. I love how the first is raised over the houndstooth pattern and beautifully coloured. The secon one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Joyce - Darnell tells me its your birthday - I hope you are having a fabulous day!! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous. Both so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your cards Joyce...the watercolor flowers are so pretty, good idea to cut along the edge to get a great effect. Your cute petit fours look good enough to eat and the soft pink makes a cute baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first card is a fabulous take on Maile's card - love the trio of flowers! Great take on the Tuesday Trigger - love the scatter of hexagons & soft pink - definitely see how it "wanted" to be a baby card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous cards and I think you totally rocked the three-flower look on the first card - definitely worth the fussy cutting! *wink*
    Thanks for studying with us on CASE Study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards! Love your take on the Tuesday Trigger. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, the pink hexies are just like a sweet little baby quilt, love 'em!! And, the partial cutting technique on the flowers really stands out against the b&w houndstooth. Two really strong cards, Joyce!

    I couldn't find your email address, so I replied to your comment from yesterday on creating the gallery. Here's a copy: "Hi Joyce! Oh rats. Well, that did happen to me when I just posted the link in my page and not the JavaScript as well. Did you paste both items on your page? Do you elect to show pages as side links? Otherwise send me a screenshot or copy of what you have on your html tab and I'll be happy to take a look. We'll get this (I hope!)"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliant cards and perfect takes on the challenges, Joyce! You are a rock star!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce I love both of these card. Those flowers are just so pretty, you always do great things with those stamps. You hexagon's are also fantastic in the pink ink. That is a lovely shade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baby card looks as yummy as those cakes. Love your CASE card too - the watercoloured flowers really pop against the background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these! You know I love all blooms, your masking of these flowers turned out so pretty! Love ,love love the pink baby card, wow that is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both lovely, Joyce! The black houndstooth background really adds to the "pop" of your watercolored flowers. What a sweet baby card using pink hexagons. I'm getting vibes that you just had a birthday ~ Happy Birthday, Joyce, and many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both are really pretty cards...really like the great masking on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty. Love the hexies!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are just divine! Your flowers with the houndstooth look so gorgeous! And that is the sweetest baby card. Love all those pink hexies!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOTH are so PRETTY, Joyce! LOVE the black and pink on the first with those FAB flowers and LOVE how the second just reminds me of those petit fours! HAPPY BIRTHDAY by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both beautiful Joyce! Love the gorgeous blooms, and fab hexagonal pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joyce, your water color flowers are so beautiful and I love the look of them with the black houndstooth, so classy! Your baby card is just about as sweet as any baby, so soft and cute. Great job with those hexagons, but you always do amazing things with them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Joyce! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, the three flower card is one of my fav's that you've done. Looks designer-esque! The masking, coloring, beautifully done. And I just love the baby card so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Joyce! Thanks also for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Joyce! Love your blog.....you and I are kindred spirits with a similar style. I love your take on the petit four moxie fab challenge. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...