Sunday, May 26, 2013

4 Cards for Sunday







I had some crafty time today, and was able to make a few cards for some challenges.  First up is a card for this week's CASE Study #142 and A Blog Named Hero #24: Clean Up Your Act.  I used Hero Arts To/From Petals for my card, with a sentiment from Boy Basics Game On.  Kind of an unusual pairing, but this card is going to the gal I've been partnering with lately in tennis.  We have faced some pretty stiff competition lately, and this card is to encourage her (and me) to keep trying.  Even when we lose, it is still fun to be outside on a beautiful day playing tennis.  And, there are always snacks at the end.







My next card is for this week's CAS-ual Fridays CFC102:  Red, White & Blue as well as Freshly Made Sketches #87.  I think this is my first time ever playing with Freshly Made Sketches--I decided to seek out some more sketch challenges, since I think they help jump start me the most.   This card is small--4 3/4 by 3 1/2.  After I made it, it looked too big, so I just kept cutting it down until I thought the proportions were right.  Can you see all those stars impressed into the card front?  I used my newest impression plate--Star Spangled.



One more entry into this week's Make it Monday #117--I am already dreaming of Hawaii, where we will go this July.  Lots of masking and fussy cutting on this card, but I think it was worth it. 







And, my last card for today is a Father's Day card using the colors from this week's Color Throwdown CTD243.  I used a tutorial from Kara to make an argyle pattern using a stamp from Button Boutique and one from Happy Harlequin, and then loosely followed this card from Heather Nichols.   




That's it for me today.  I think I'll be back tomorrow, too.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Bring on your Best Game
Stamps:  Hero Arts To/From Petals, Boy Basics Game On, Embroidered Blooms, Turning a New Leaf
Paper:  White
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, SU Pretty In Pink, Versacolor Opera Pink, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  TANL Die, Bling

Red, White & Blue Card
Stamps:  WMS Playful Pinwheels, Hello Friend
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy, SU Night of Navy
Ink:  SU Real Red, Night of Navy, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Memory Box Piestra Tile Die, Sketched Shapes Die, Star Spangled Impression Plate

Thinking of You
Stamps:  Aloha
Paper:  White, Raspberry Fizz, Melon Berry, SU Calypso Coral
Ink:  Memento London Fog, Versafine Onyx Black
Other:  Inktense pencils, glitter pen

Father's Day
Stamps:  Button Boutique, Happy Harlequin, WMS Man of the Hour, Background Basics Herringbone
Paper:  White, Blueberry Sky
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold, Versamark, Colorbox Dragonfly Black, Memento London Fog
Other:  Fillable Frames Die, Black Embossing Powder, Ribbon


Thanks for Visiting

26 comments :

  1. Joyce, wow!!! I love them all but your CASe Study card is simply stunning and a for sure winner in my book! Your flower is amazing and I love why you made the card too, just so sweet. The rest of your cards are fabulous too, so creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! Love the argyle pattern you created on the Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are great Joyce! Of course, my favorite is the one using the FMS sketch! I think it is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all wonderful! I just love that pinwheel card. So clean but with such wow! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Joyce I LOVE that surfboard card! Excellent design. Masking is always so worth it when it's done, but I get scared to even try sometimes!! I found Freshly Made Sketches recently, too, and have had so much fun playing along. Love how you used the pinwheels and added the red, white, and blue strips behind that die cut! Beautiful flower for your tennis partner, and the colors on the Father's Day are so fab...remind me of sporty golf socks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at the CTD. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, all your cards are fantastic! I love the surf boards, Aloha is one of my favorite stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Four perfect perfect cards Joyce, I love every single one my friend. I am coming to Hawaii with you right? I can't pick a favourite but I love them all and hope to CASE them too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce I am being so totally honest when I say each of these cards are winners! I love them. Your first flower card is drop dead gorgeous! Love the red white and blue one , with the pinwheels wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all great cards! I love the clean and fresh look of your FMS card. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful!! love your pinwheels!! those lined up surf boards are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joyce, these are all great but I just LOVE your card for Freshly Made Sketches. I hope you'll just us again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I did wonder about those flowers and that sentiment but it totally works here! Love how you layered the flowers and the leaves are gorgeous! And snacks at the end of almost anything make that thing worthwhile! :)

    Love the colours behind the Piestra die - so perfect! And those pinwheels are totally cute.

    Totally worth all the masking and fussy cutting! That postcard background is awesome and I love the pop of colour from the flowers! And Hawaii sounds fabulous for the summer! :)

    That argyle background is so cool! I'm gonna have to go check out that tutorial...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow have you been busy! So many cards and all so different...that Aloha card is my favorite and not because I would like to go to Hawaii too, but those surfboards and that postcard background...so good Joyce! The pinwheels with the stars and Piestra Tile die...another great card. You cracked me up when you said you just kept cutting til it looked right. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Joyce, what a wonderful array ... gorgeous layered flowers, love the colours behind the piestra die cut, fun surf boards (and Hawaii for summer sounds ... um ... heavenly), such a cool argyle pattern. They are all amazing! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! You have been B U S Y. Great cards, everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the layered flower on the first card and how you used the negative space on the second. beautiful work! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't know if I can pick a favorite today - maybe the CAS Study flower? hmm, the surf boards ... so many terrific details in all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. More awe-mazing cards from you, Joyce! Congratulations on the win from FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joyce, congrats on being a Princess...so amazing and fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the blue and red pinwheels! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are all fabulous but I'm a little partial to the wonderful red, white & blue design with the pinwheels and your awesome design with the surfboards & postcards!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely wonderful cards, evch and every one I love!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, wow! So many great cards! Your colors and CAS designs are so pretty. The flower on the first card is stunning! I love the pinwheels and the star embossing on the second card. The masking of the postcards is fantastic! I love the fun Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You lucky duck, I would love to go back to Hawaii!!

    Great masking on your surfboards/postcards! And the scale on your embossed stars is just right. The star folder I have doesn't get used too much because it's a little too chunky. Love your colors behind the die! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...