Saturday, April 13, 2013

Three Cards for Saturday







Hi there and happy Saturday.  I have three cards to share today.  First up is a card for this week's CASology #39:  Travel and CAS(E) this Sketch #23.  I was inspired by the cute little envelopes on Amy's card here, as well as the postage striped tape on both Amy's and Tracey's cards. I was thinking about travel--how we can send our love anywhere in the world, via the mail.  So, it is the letters and feelings that travel, while we can stay home.  Clear as mud?








Next up is my card for this week's Retro Sketches rs#59.  I was most inspired by Deanna's sample card.  I can't seem to stop water coloring flowers, the technique taught in this week's Make it Monday #110.    I will also enter this card into the Tuesday Trigger:  Magnificent Magnolias, and this week's Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers challenges.






Edited to add:  I am linking this project to the The Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.

 





Last up is my card for this week's Case Study challenge #136, where our muse is JJ with this incredible card.  I was drawn to the geometric shapes and bright and bold colors, as well as the sentiment on vellum.  While pondering what to make that could possibly do justice to this card, I saw this card on The Paper Made Bakery, where the artist said that she would let the patterned paper do all the work.  That seemed like a good idea to me, so I broke out my new Basic Grey Knee High paper and picked the wildest sheet in the pad.



Here is a picture of the inside, which I lined and decorated a bit, since the card base is black.  My 15 year old was doing homework in my office while I was making this card and told me it was very cool.  I told her to go and do something worth congratulating and I would be happy to give her the card.




Supplies Used (PTI):
CASology/CAS(E) this Sketch
Stamps:  WPlus9 A Pocketful: Valentine, Love You More, Postmarks
Paper:  White
Ink:  SU Real Red, Night of Navy, Memento London Fog
Other:  Michaels Washi, Canvas/Linen Impression Plate

Hello There
Stamps:  Aloha, Mini Blooms
Paper:  White, True Black, Simple Stories Vintage Bliss
Ink:  Colorbox Dragonfly Black, Berry Sorbet, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado and SU Real Red Reinkers
Other:  Black Embossing Powder, Striped Impression Plate

Congratulations
Stamps:  Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Paper:  True Black, White, Vellum, Basic Grey Knee Highs
Ink:  Colorbox Dragonfly Black




Thanks for Visiting

21 comments :

  1. Love all your cards.
    The air mail card is cute.
    The watercolor flower is beautiful too.
    That geometric card is awesome. I thought you stamped it.
    Cute response to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce your mojo definitely goes wild on the weekends. All three cards are perfect for the individuals challenges. I love your travel themed mail, your beautiful flower for RetroSketches and that funky pattern for CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all fabulous...
    love the air mail and I saw Deanna's card too so I can understand that inspiration quite easily...
    but totally lovin' the last one with that fabby paper!
    Now you make me want to go get that paper pad...
    like I really need it ;)...
    just for that incredible paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! Love the design of flower card! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing better than getting props from your children, then you know you've hit the big time!! Love your watercoloring on the flowers, Joyce. And good call to let that awesome DP speak for itself! Looks great on the black base.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards! Thanks so much for playing with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must be something in the water there, you're on fire! Lovely flower card for MIM. Know what you mean about water coloring, can't do just one! And the pattern paper card reminds me of a beautiful quilt. They're all three inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome cards!! love that funky paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all fabulous! I love the first one and how the envelopes go in different directions to make a fun and unique background. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too funny ! Love what you tod your daughter. Love that card I was happy to read it was patterned paper , I was thinking how could she do that! Love the water colered flower ,I almost pulled out the same flower. Great idea to stamp the tiny envelopes on the first one. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How smart you were to use patterned paper for the geometric design. I tried doing the chevron strip thing and it was a gigantic mess. Let me know what =she does that is worth congratulating! All Carly would have to do is say, "Nice card".

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Joyce! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I see you got great value from the Pattern Play class and have come up with another great way to use patterned paper. I bet your daughter is hurrying to come up with something so she can get the card! I love your take on the retro sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you've been busy! Love the air-mail feel of your card - thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyce your cards are amazing! I love the last one with all of the bright and vivid colors, such a fun card. Your case this sketch is so adorable and works so well with the CASology challenge. Those little envelopes with the conversation bubble, so clever. I agree with Tracey, you and weekends, your mojo is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome take on the cue word! Love the red and blue letters and the airmail stamps in the background. Thanks for playing along with CASology and CAS(E) This Sketch this week!
    Love the watercoloured hibiscus on the second card and awesome idea with the patterned paper on the third card. It rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great! I really like the flower card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Joyce - how clever to deconstruct the squares rearrange them and come up with something else completely. Looks like lots of work but - so neat looking! Very clever you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards! That first one looks so much like letter mail :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Joyce! Thanks also for linking this up to the Wonder of Watercolor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...