Monday, April 1, 2013

Case Study #134





I have a card for this week's CASE Study Challenge #134, where Julie Ebersole is the muse and we have this beautiful card to work with.

I was inspired by the overall design and layout of the card, and the fact that it is all one layer with lots of white space.




Supplies Used (PTI):
Stamps:  Harvest Berries, Background Basics Text Style, Embroidered Blooms
Paper:  Vintage Cream
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Memento London Fog












I am also playing along in Suzanne's little April Fools Day project.  I posted this card early this morning from my flikr account, because I was too embarassed to put it on my blog.  But, after having such a fun time visiting everyone else's blogs and seeing their cards, I decided to take the plunge and post it here.

This is one of the first cards I ever made.  I dug it out from its hiding place so I could post it on Suzanne's Ugliest Card Blog Hop.  Why is it ugly--where do I start--I don't like the colors, the patterned paper is way too busy for the images stamped on it, I was somehow under the impression that everything always had to be symmetrical, and there are lots of crooked pieces here that should be straight--that's just for starters.  If you could feel this card, you would know how think and flimsy all the paper was--this was before I had discovered PTI and their Stampers Select White.  

I like to think that I have evolved ever so slightly from this.






Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. A beautiful card, Joyce, love the script you used at the bottom! AND, how fun for you to share your "ugly" card. Although will all that suspense, when I scrolled down I was a little disappointed in you ... it's really not that bad! Not something you would probably make now, but certainly not ugly! So glad you posted : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am absolutely loving this Worst Card idea...not the worst card I have ever seen, but I do know what you mean about the thin paper! I remember buying all that cheapo paper from Michaels and not understanding why the card seemed so pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce what a beautiful card for CASE study, you captured the essence of the muse card perfectly. Commented on your Flicker about your ugly but oh so cute for the coach card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your first card, Joyce! So pretty! I'm thinking you should link it up to this week's MIM.
    As for your ugly card, really, it's not that bad!
    Mine is WAY worse, that's for sure! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce, I LOVE your CASE Study card. I forgot that I have Text Style, I might need to make another card and CASE you! Your ugliest card looks pretty good for an ugly card. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your top card is gorgeous. I love the CAS look and the text at the bottom. I think I might have to case this one.

    As for your "ugly" card, not very ugly but I do hear you about those super thin papers. I love PTI cardstock. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous CASE Study card! Love your Text Style base and Harvest Berries always makes such a pretty card! I forget that I have that set until I see how great it looks on someone else's card. Your ugliest card wouldn't win any UGLY awards. It's far from the great stuff you do now but it's not that bad either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, I love your card for CASE study!!! Fabulous job!


    And you have me cracking up about your commentary for your ugly card. I know I have some embarrassing cards to share, I just haven't had the time to dig them up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, your first card is beautiful! The second I'd. Ot that bad at all for a first card! I do remember the thin paper before PTI oh my gosh what a difference! Oh my gosh YES you have evolved into a first class card maker! I love the cards you make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your first card - and the second made me chuckle - definitely not the worst out there, but I think you have come a long way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your case study card is gorgeous! and your ugly one is not all that bad, although you've come a long way too! the ugly blog hop was so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic case study card Joyce. I love how you layered up all the images and the one rounded corner is a great idea.
    I had to smile at your ugliest card ever. I have so many of these that for some reason I've been reluctant to throw away but I was too embarrassed to send!

    Happy Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card and the second one is not dreadful; I've just looked at some of my early ones and ouch... they hurt! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you have come a long way, but, that being said...your second card isn't all that bad! In fact, it looks pretty good to me, I bet a lot of us are wishing that our early cards looked that good! Well, onward and upward! :)
    Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Harvest Berry card is beautiful. Very feminine with the text background. The colors are so soothing too. As for your ugliest card, I don't think it is that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have to be honest here and don't really think your ugly card is all that ugly. I love to be able to go back and see how what we do now has changed from when we first started stamping. Your cards are always winners in my book. Your case study card is just incredible, makes me want that Harvest Berries set now, just beautiful Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, love the text stamping at the bottom. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with Kelly - I your "ugly" card did not live up to the "ugly" hype. LOL! Your one layer card is perfect. I love those Harvest Berries leaves.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...