Saturday, March 9, 2013

Case Study #131, CTD #232, 10 Minute Craft Dash #13 and CTS #18




When I saw this week's colors for Color Throwdown CTD232, I thought I would skip this week.  Pastels and light colors are just not my thing.  But, then I had an idea for a card, and although that idea did not work, and is now in my recycling bin, I did end up making something that I really like with those colors.  And, I know just where this card is headed, too.  For the record, I thought I would spritz those stamps with water and then stamp them, going for a blurry, romantic, sort of feel like I saw some of the PTI designers do with this set.  I ended up with a smudgy, watery mess, so decided to go with normal, basic stamping.








I just loved the sample card for this week's CASE Study #131.  I was inspired by the white on craft, the way she did the layers, and the bright colors of the flowers.  I used In Bloom and my Inktense pencils, and decided to get ahead of the game this year with my first Mother's Day card.







My last card is for this week's 10 Minute Craft Dash #13.  I fell in love with this card, that was one of the inspirational samples for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch CTS #18.  So, I am also going to link my card up for that challenge.  If I wasn't making this for a 10 minute challenge, I think I would have stamped that envelope pattern on the kraft pieces.  Too late now, as it is all glued down.




Supplies Used (PTI):

Thinking of You
Stamps:  Cutting Garden, Simple Sentiments, Turning a New Leaf
Paper:  White, Aqua Mist
Ink:  Aqua Mist, Kraft, Lemon Tart, Versacolor Old Rose

Mother's Day
Stamps:  In Bloom, Fillable Frames
Paper:  Kraft, White
Ink:  Versamark
Other:  White Filligree Embossing Powder, Inktense Pencils

Hello
Stamps:  Wonderful Words, Hero Arts Envelope Background
Paper:  Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Simply Chartreuse
Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa
Other:  Dies:  Hello, Half & Half, hole punch, Twine


Thanks for Visiting

26 comments :

  1. All three cards are lovely, Joyce! Your mother's day card is WOW! You inspire me to want to try white on kraft~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Joyce! I especially love the floral ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. Love the one using Cut Flowers. Isn't it amazing how the DT creates some beautiful cards, but when one tries to recreate it, the card is not the same.
    Love the Mother's Day card too. You are really getting ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are beautiful! I love the stamping on your first card, and I super love the white outlined flowers of your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these cards are so lovely! You've been a busy crafty bee lately!

    So glad you were able to join us for this 10 Minute Craft Dash. I love the layout you did for this card. Hope to see you play along in our challenge again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are gorgeous. I'm especially drawn to the floral ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, another group of fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All three fabulousa cards Joyce! Great stamps, great elements and great colours. Your CASE study is really good, I love the embossing and the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, your mother's day card is so pretty, I love that flower, I may need to add it to my wish list. And those pencils, amazing what are you able to do with them. Your first card still has the romantic look to it, the colors are so sweet and soft. Your 10 minute card is perfect too, I love your idea with tying both pieces together, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They're all fabulous...
    but really love that floral Mother's Day...
    I need to pick up some of those pencils on my next trip to Mike's!
    And what a fabby CAS...
    just my style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyce, I honestly think you are the most productive card-maker I know ... you've got like a 3 card minimum for every post!! Lovely cards, the thin white lines on kraft are fantastic, and the graphic brown card with the hello die is so cool! What a bargain for that hello die, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course I'm lovin' every one of 'em. Beautiful background on the first. My heart be still on that second card of yours!!!! Gorgeousness! Totally digging everything about the last card especially the twine. The perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun, bold card - I love how you've interpreted the sketch with your negative die cut! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all great card ! I have to say the CASE study card is just amazing ! Looks hard to do , but gorgeous ! I am dying to get into my craft room after a super busy weekend. I have to learn to be more productive like you , in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Joyce - Love your twine tied tags!
    So glad you joined in the fun at the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the cards are awesome, Joyce! You are on a roll! Love your take on CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Sketch. Great idea embedding patterned die cut into the negative of it:)Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are lovely! I adore the tag/hello combo! SO cute! Thanks so much for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joyce! SO much contrast on this post! The first is so soft like a watercolor painting, and then the kraft embossed with those gorgeous blooms and pop of color, and then your C&S with the clever twine bow! I love seeing what you're up to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE your last card! What a creative use of tags! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the CASE study card - the white on kraft is so striking and the coloring is so saturated!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your cards...especially the first floral!! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards - all of them!
    thanks for joining us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All of your cards are gorgeous...especially the first one with those lovely pastel flowers!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Cards!! Love your take on the challenges!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joyce! This is so beautiful!!! I love the colors! Fantastic stamping too! Thank you for playing with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...