Monday, February 25, 2013

Case Study #129, Retro Sketches, The Twinery, and Muse







NOTE:  This is my second post today.  Please click here or scroll down to see my PTI Blog Hop post.

I'm playing along with CASE study #129, where Teri Anderson has this beautiful card for us this week.



I liked the diagonal elements and the sentiment block in the lower right.  I was greatly inspired by Christina's sample card.



I saw a little tutorial over at The Twinery when I was making my CASE study card.  They showed how to make these little twine wrapped paper circles.  I made some for this card, and decided I didn't like how they looked on the card, so....



I made a different card, using this sketch from Retro Sketches 1 year anniversary challenge, RS #52.  I used those twine wrapped circles on a sketch from Retro Sketches #9, and will also be entering this card into The Twinery's TT001 challenge.






I like these twine circles much better as the centers to my dot spots.


My last card for today is for this week's Muse #6, where our muse is Deanna.  I just love her style, and could CASE her all day.  Here is the card Deanna gave us to work with:



I used the Crackle stamp as a base for my flower cluster.  I loved Deanna's doodled rectangle, but didn't think my hand would be that steady.



Supplies Used (PTI):
Smiles
Stamps:  Modern Basics, Natural Beauties
Paper:  White, Summer Sunrise
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores, Summer Sunrise, Simply Chartreuse
Other:  Sunshine Impression Plate, Smokey Shadow Buttons

Hugs
Stamps:  Dot Spot, Paper Smooches Sentiment Sampler
Paper:  White, Simply Chartreuse
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse, Summer Sunrise, Hawaiian Shores
Other:  Picnic Plaid Impression Plate, Heart 2 Heart circle and Tremendous Tags Dies, Twine from The Twinery, bling from stash

Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Crackle Background, Simple Sunflower, Embroidered Blooms
Paper:  White
Ink:  Scarlet Jewel, Kraft, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado
Other:  Turning a New Leaf and Simple Sunflower Dies


Thanks for Visiting

36 comments :

  1. What great cards. The one with the twine is super cute and I love your take on the Muse challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards...LOVE the colors on your Twinery entry...thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, Joyce! I love how you stamped the vines on the diagonal and then impressed the background! I also think your wrapped buttons are very cool! And your last card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The twine wrapped circles fit perfectly on the second card - I'll have to check out that tutorial! Love that crackle rectangle stamp on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - so many great cards!
    Thanks for joining in on The Twinery's polka dot challenge!

    - Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, three amazing cards, Joyce. Love your take on all the inspiration cards. Love the diagonal leaves, wrapped buttons with twine and the crackle stamp is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on such a roll, Joyce ... where do all these cards come from?! My fav is the twine wrapped buttons in the circles. So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of them! The Muse card is especially gorgeous, I adore how you used the crackle stamp!!! :)

    Lauren
    http://landersoncraftydesigns.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at The Twinery, just adore your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice improvise with the crackle stamp on your Muse card. It works perfectly. I really like the twine circles with dots spot-a match made in heaven. And a perfect take on Teri's card. Like how you embossed the background.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three of these cards are gorgeous but I especially love your Muse card! The colors are so bold and fabulous and I adore the stamped pattern! Wonderful work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. very beautiful card :) also the background where sentiment is stamped looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous cards, great use if colours

    ReplyDelete
  14. All 3 of your cards are gorgeous! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great cards!! i need to pull out that crackle stamp!! looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Three fabulous cards Joyce! Love your take on Teri's card. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the sunflowers with the crackle! Your other two dry embossed cards are gorgeous! Love the way you used the twine .

    ReplyDelete
  18. They're all fabulous...
    and I do like the twine in the middle of those circles...
    it's just FUN!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeah Joyce! I love those sunflowers in that color and the Dot Spot - ack! Perfect! I love what you did with the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely amazing work!! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Three awesome cards! And I'm in love with the last one!! I adore that crackle finish and the sunflowers done in Scarlet Jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing cards Joyce...so fun. Where do you find the time??? I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, lots of great cards. I like your muse card best but I am flower crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a bright, fun and also elegant series of cards. I love the twine wrapped circles - perfect for the dot spot stamp and it's all just perfect for a "hugs" card. Thanks for joining us at retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Joyce..you nailed this one. WOW! I absolutly love how you used the crackle stamp as your foundation. I'll be adding that one to my list of things to try. Love, love, love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful. Each card is so different.
    I especially love that last one. The cackle background with the flower cluster is gorgeous.
    Those twine wrapped circles are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Joyce!! Love all of your cards!! You are so creative! Love the twine circles! Thanks for playing along with The Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, Joyce, I'm so glad you were inspired by the CASE Study card! I love that modern vine border and the fab sentiment. The embossing adds a fantastic detail, too. The twine wrapped circles make such fun centers for the Dot Spot images, and again, the embossing is a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A terrific trio of inspirations, Joyce! I'm swooning over that crackle mat for your sentiment on the wonderful CASE of Deanna's MUSE card!! Well, that was a mouthful. How this? LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous cards!!!! Big thanks for linking this up to CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your take on the MUSE challenge. Your flowers are incredible...love the bold color!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I adore all your cards, but your MUSE card is what brought me here...it is STUNNING! (Your circles card would also be a great entry in the CASology challenge this week!)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I too came for Muse and have been treated to so much more! These are all so fantastic ... particularly love how used the crackle background to showcase the blooms! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. A great set of cards! I love the flowers and the crackle that you used on the Muse card. Love the way you have used twine on the dotty card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I have stopped by today because your Muse card is amazing! I love the crackle base under your flowers! All your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...