Saturday, November 3, 2012

Challenge Cards



I had some time this week to play in my craft room, and found some of my favorite challenges to be particularly inspiring.  I love it when I see a challenge posted, and an idea immediately springs to mind.  Even better if more than one challenge can be combined, right?





My first card is inspired by this beautiful card by Angline Yong at CASE Study #115.  I loved her color blocking, and thought it would be the perfect reason for me to break out my new PTI Super Stripes stamps.  I loved the colors of this week's Play Date Cafe #156, and thought they would work well for a masculine birthday card for CAS-ual Fridays #77.   I wanted to use the negative of this Memory Box Arboscello Tree die, but realized (after I cut into my stamped card stock), that this die doesn't really make a good negative cut--just lots and lots of tiny pieces.  So, I stamped another card front, and cut another tree, and started over.  The sentiment is embossed in black, and shows up better in person.


Happy Birthday

Marybeth had recently sent me some birch tree die cuts, and I was itching to use them.  This next card, also for CASE Study #115 and CAS-ual Fridays #77 came together really quickly, thanks to Marybeth's die cuts.  Thanks, Marybeth.


Sympathy


My last card is for CAS(E) this Sketch #4 and ColourQ #161.  I will be sending this card, along with many others to Vera Yates, in support of her Caring Hearts Card Drive.  I cut the card down 1/4 inch in length and width, so I could have those die cuts hanging over the edge and still have the card fit into a standard A2 envelope.







Joyous Holiday



Here is what Vera has to say about her Caring Hearts Card Drive:  The holidays are about family, about kindness, and joy. During this time many of the elderly who lives in nursing homes would really feel the loneliness or missing their family. Wouldn't it be so awesome if we can bring a smile to their face & brighten their holiday season simply by sharing our love of card making? A simple gesture to let them know that they are not forgotten. 

Please click here for more information on this card drive.  I know that a lot of the cards I've made this year for my 12 Kits of Christmas project will be going to Vera for her card drive.


Supplies Used (PTI):
Happy Birthday
Stamps:  Background Basics:  Super Stripes, Botanical Silhouettes
Paper:  Fine Linen
Ink:  Terracotta Tile, Canyon Clay, Ripe Avocado, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Memory Box Arboscello Tree Die, Embossing Powder

Sympathy
Stamps:  Asian Fusion
Paper:  White, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Simply Chartreuse
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Tree (from Marybeth), Woodgrain Impression Plate

Joyous Holiday
Stamps:  Snowflake Flurries
Paper:  White
Ink:  Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold, Memento Tuxedo Black
Other:  Snowflake Flurries die



Thanks for Visiting

26 comments :

  1. Wow, great cards Joyce! I adore that striped one, so eye catching and fun!! And I loved that sketch at CASE this sketch, your card is great with those medallions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are great cards Joyce. From the top. That memory box die is gorgeous, gorgeous and I like the look against your striped background. Card two, Marybeth's birch tree die is fantastic and you created such a lovely sympathy card with it. On to card three, yes kicking myself that I didn't get the snowflake stamps and dies (I was so good last month--too good I think). Your card is so so fabulous and perfect for both challenges. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The details are just perfect, wonderful creations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! Love how you used the colors! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Joyce, all three are really stunning cards and will make their way into my faves!! Thank you for writing about the cards for seniors program. This really touched my heart, so I will go check out the details from Vera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your cards are great! I especially love the color blocking one. Those stripes are beautiful. The birch tree is beautiful. I have admired them on Marybeth's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joyce, all of these are super pretty, I don't think that I can pick a favorite. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you certainly have been productive today!! All your cards turned out really well. You need a favorite? OK, I'll have to pick the color-blocked birch tree. The white is smashing against the green!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, Joyce! They're all super!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cheerful holiday card - I see that that set is named "snowflake" flurries and I can see the snowflake but it is also such a cheerful burst! So glad to see you at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are lovely. The one for CAS(E) this Sketch is bright and so HAPPY looking! Thanks for playing along!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, great cards in this post . I love the way the first one ended up with the die on top of the perfect stripes you stamped. I love your idea of the stripes with the woodgrain impression on it in shades of green … wish I thought of that! Beautiful snowflake card! Nice work !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Joyce, you have been busy, my dear! I love that birch tree on the 3 shades of green, that is simple, but beautiful! And then the tree on the fall colors, so warm. And that is so great that you are finding such a good use for all your 12 kits cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a way to rock the color blocking! Great masculine cards too. Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fabulous to be able to combine 3 challenges...
    and such a great card!
    Love the stripes and those colors!!
    And what a great card drive...
    I'll have to check it out so thanks for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, you used the stripe stamp! I adore how your card turned out. It looks awesome with all the colors and the diecut tree. LOVE the color blocks and the birch tree too. Using the woodgrain made it even more stunning. And those mod snowflakes are such fun--love the font on the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey, nice site you have here! Keep up the excellent work!estetik

    ReplyDelete
  18. Joyce these are all fab! You certainly combine those challenges well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of your cards Joyce. Those tree dies are gorgeous and I love the way you used them. Love the stripes in card one and the way you used the colors with them. Love the woodgrain background in card 2 and the variant shades of green. Card 3 is such a great take on the sketch, and I love the idea od the card drive. Thank for posting about it. I have many cards to send. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love all of your cards Joyce. Those tree dies are gorgeous and I love the way you used them. Love the stripes in card one and the way you used the colors with them. Love the woodgrain background in card 2 and the variant shades of green. Card 3 is such a great take on the sketch, and I love the idea od the card drive. Thank for posting about it. I have many cards to send. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YAYYYY! Joyce is in the house! I think all three are great - love all the color on the first, the white silhouette on the wood grain on the second, and how clean the third is! Glad you had time to play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet of Marybeth to send you the diecuts!!! The cards are all beautiful- I love the medallions on your CAS sketch card too.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards Joyce, love your colourQ card. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  24. seriously awesome cards....terrific stamping on your PDCC card...wow. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous set of cards! I must admit I really like the white birch against the greens. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study and CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are all amazing cards Joyce! Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this Sketch and CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...