Saturday, September 1, 2012

Make a Wish and Get Well Soon



I've got a couple of cards for a few challenges here.





First up is a birthday card using the garland technique shown in MIM#80.  I used the colors of this week's ColourQ cQc #152, which I interpreted as Kraft, Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores, and New Leaf.  It's hard to see the kraft, but the twine is kraft, as is the backing on the banners.  I was super excited to use lots of new goodies on this card--alphabet and numbers dies, Hawaiian Shores ink, and the Picnic Plaid impressions plate.  Hooray for getting new goodies and actually using them.

Make a Wish


I am also linking this card up for the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World



My next card is for this week's Case Study #106 which was to case yourself.  What a fun challenge.  Don't take this the wrong way, but I love to case myself.  When I make a card I really like, I love to make more in other variations or colors.  



I was inspired by this week's Tuesday Trigger:  A Pin Therein, and I cased this card that I had made last week and was still on my desk, front and center.  This is my first time ever playing with this challenge, and I know it won't be the last.  I used some pages from Jillibean Soup Grandma's Lima Bean Soup pad.  I ordered it because it sounded delicious.


Get Well Soon


Supplies Used (PTI):
Make a Wish
Paper:  White, New Leaf, Hawaiian Shores, Smokey Shadow
Stamps:  Think Big Favorites
Ink:  Hawaiian Shores
Other:  Banner, Alphabet, Numbers Dies, Kraft twine from The Twinery

Get Well Soon
Paper:  White,  Jillibean Soup Grandma's Lima Bean Soup
Stamps:  Communique Curves Sentiments
Ink:  Memento Grey Flannel
Other:  Hexagon Cover Plate, Canvas/Linen Impression Plate


Thanks for Visiting

17 comments :

  1. What a fun card, Joyce, love the embossed background! Thanks for sharing your cards with us this week at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. both cards are great Joyce - I'm going to have to start using embossed backgrounds more - love the elegance and detail they add to both cards! It is perfectly legit to CASE yourself - love the original and your second take on it - the papers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of new goodies ( I can understand the super excited part). Both cards are gr8.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of these cards! The banner is perfect and I love that you particpated in CASE study. I CASE myself too, when I really like something I did. Love the hexagons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those new letters fit the banners perfectly! So cute and I know you didn't choose the colors, but they really work well with your design. Your hexagons really came in handy with the Tuesday Trigger card. Wow, you nailed that inspiration photo. Very cute set of cards Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love them both! mayb i can squeak in a mim card today:) thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it does sound delicious! Love all the patterns! THanks for helping us celebrate over on CASE Study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are lovely ~ I especially like your choice of patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce the color combo for your banner is awesome and I love the plaid embossing in the background. The second card - oh my! I love all those patterns together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could not see the original case that you case'd for the challenge over at CASE Study, but still totally loving your card!

    Teneale

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, both are great cards, Joyce. The first one is so creative, and the second one is gorgeous! I just love the beautiful colors in the second one sure to help anyone get well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fantastic Joyce. Love the impression and banners on card one and the hexagons are always a hit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are beautiful, so wonderfully CAS with just the right amount of bright color! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joyce,
    We met today, 9/8 at Paper Tales. Stopping by to say "Hello"! You have a lovely blog and your creations are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Joyce! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Joyce! Thanks also for linking this up to the Repetition Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...