Thursday, August 18, 2011

Just a Note

Today I am combining three challenges into one card.  I know many of you do this all the time, but for me, I feel like I just learned to juggle.

I am using the color scheme from this week's ColorQ challenge #98, the CASE Study Challenge #53, and this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to use embossing.



Here is my card: 


I didn't have the exact colors called for in the color challenge, but I used what I had that was closest.  I used Colorbox Chalk Harbor, VersaColor Turquoise and Distress Peeled Paint inks, Bazzil carob paper, a Hawaiian shores button, and some green ribbon I found in my stash.  For the embossing challenge, I used my brand new Stampin Up houndstooth embossing folder.

Supplies Used (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:  Happy Trails, Signature Series Dress Form
Paper:  White, Bazzil Carob
Other:  Tiny Tags Die, Edgers #1, SU Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Hawaiian Shores Button, embroidery floss and ribbon

Thanks for Visiting

18 comments :

  1. What fun. Fab use of the houndstooth. It adds such cool texture and form. Loving that sweet trio of pencils too. Good luck with the challenges. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! look how much texture you got from that ef! very cool. And the pencil grouping is such a cute little focal point :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not able to combine challenges either, Joyce...
    and when it happens...
    feels like I just learned to ride a bike! *giggle*
    But you did a fabulous job...
    that embossing is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great!! love the houndstooth texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did so great combining challenges. You know I love that houndstooth embossing folder. You just probably sold a bunch of them for SU! Everyone that sees your card is going to want it. I like how you tied the pencil colors in with the button, bow and twine. Great card. Going to save it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Joyce! Love that embossing! Hey, thank you for stopping by my blog today! I am so glad you were inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card! The houndstooth texture is fabulous + great design!
    Also, thank you so much for your sweet comment! Made me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is aGreat card, Joyce! Love the houndstooth embossing folder and I think you have all the right colors. Good luck on all the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joyce, great card! I really loved how you combined all three challenges into one very cool card. Love the houndstooth embossing and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great, Joyce! Way to go with combining all those challenges! I can do it with scrapbooking challenges, but I haven't tried to combine more than one for making a card yet. You're inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Joyce! That houndstooh folder is awesome! And I love those pencils! And I am so glad you played along with CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely work, I love the houndstooth!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely CAS card, Joyce! Great embossing. thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card, great embossing! Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ACK! This is so cute---those little pencils just make me think of going back to school! So cool! Thanks for playing with the CQC colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card, love the houndstooth! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun embossing folder - I love your colors too. Thank you so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that houndstooth pattern and the colors look great with those pencils, love it :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...