Saturday, August 20, 2011

Casing Myself

I really liked the color scheme I used for the card I made yesterday, and decided to make another one, but mix it up a little.  I used Hawaiian Shores as the primary color, and also heat embossed the pencil images.  I will give this card to my youngest daughter at some point, since Hawaiian Shores is one of her favorite PTI colors.  I will enter this card into the ColorQ Challenge #98, the CASE study Challenge #53, and the CAS-Fridays Challenge #16.




Here is my card:

It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the ribbon is a chocolate brown.

Supplies Used (all Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted)
Stamps:  Happy Trails, Mixed Messages
Paper:  White, Hawaiian Shores
Other:  Tiny Tags Die, Edgers #1, SU Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Hawaiian Shores Button, embroidery floss, ribbon, clear embossing powder




Thanks for Visiting

10 comments :

  1. I love this card Joyce! That embossed background is so pretty! You did a great job with these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go again, using that great embossing folder. I love it with the different colors too. Great job, keep it up, you are doing so good with all the challenges. I'm so glad you created your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so sweet! Love that houndstooth embossing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!
    Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those colors!
    And great embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to case your own card, Joyce! Still like the embossing! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card! I know your daughter will too. There is no better reason for a card from Mom than "Just Because"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joyce, I love the embossed folder with the stamped pencils! Lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice CASE! And wonderful colors! So glad you could join us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...